Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Designing GUI ?

Hadzy

Hi there , I was asking if i wanted to make a gui , Which i didn't try ever .

What tools is needed to create a gui ?

Does it require programming language ? I don't know about programming .

How to assign the places of the buttons ?

How to create it ?

Thanks for reading , Waiting for an answer ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> Button places are coded in. The design is loaded from the GUI folder, client side.
>
> You can use any image editing software to edit it. For example, Photoshop, Gimp, Paint, Paint.net.

You say that i can change the style of it without coding ?

And if i wanted to change the place of the buttons i need a programmer , Right ?

And graphicsGale is good , Right ?

You dont need a programer for change the entire GUI

Just replace the existing .jpg files of the GUI with others maked by you, but check that the text is placed in the same locations in the .jpg images, because if you want to change the text location, you will have to code it

> You dont need a programer for change the entire GUI
>
> Just replace the existing .jpg files of the GUI with others maked by you, but check that the text is placed in the same locations in the .jpg images, because if you want to change the text location, you will have to code it

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the images need to be .BMP for DX7 (DD7) and .PNG for DX8 (D3D8)?

> I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the images need to be .BMP for DX7 (DD7) and .PNG for DX8 (D3D8)?

You can use BMP or JPEG in Eclipse VB. The current interface is a .JPEG so you have to change it in the source if you want to use a .BMP, but BMP is naturally a larger file type so it will make the client folder bigger.

If you can create and edit still-framed images with GraphicsGale, it should work fine for you.

From my research, it seems to have everything you need. The only peak of interest is that its headliner is "Animation Graphic Editor".

This means nothing as long as it can do more than animations.