Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MySQL integration in Eclipse! (Payed)

abhi2011

Hi guys, i just finished a MySQL based login system with help from **[Mortal Angels](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/user/74380-mortal-angels/)**. This means that your players can register from your website and login with their website login details. Currently it has only been tested in MyBB but is directly compatible with IPB and can be made to work with vBulletin and SMF.

**VIDEO OF IT RUNNING**

~~Can't seem to embbed the video so click the link.~~

Youtube ducked up the video. Will re-upload it later.

**PRICING**

Unfortunately the system isn't for free. Here are the pricing.

* The system: $10 (It will be on [EVB](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/131752-eclipsevb-v221))
* The system on an engine of your choice: $15
* Source Code: $25

The connection modules will be stored in .dll's. If you want the source then please buy it.

**CREDITS**

* Abhi2011
* Mortal Angels

**Payment**

Send me a PM detailing which system you want. The PayPal ID to which the payment should be sent will be given. After payment is confirmed you will be given the System.

P.S This only looks into login. Nothing more.

Have you bothered to handle this on another server specifically designated for login handling, or are you going to boggle up the server with synchronous SQL connection?

You will also need to find a compatible hash algorithm implementation for SMF & VBulletin as I believe they use a completely different password encryption system; if I remember correctly, SMF uses sha-1.

This also belongs in the Talent Center, as you're offering a paid service and not a free resource.

> Have you bothered to handle this on another server specifically designated for login handling, or are you going to boggle up the server with synchronous SQL connection?

Why would I want to do that? The SQL database is only queried when it is needed. Only if multiple logins are attempted will the server lag up.

> You will also need to find a compatible hash algorithm implementation for SMF & VBulletin as I believe they use a completely different password encryption system; if I remember correctly, SMF uses sha-1.

I have found class modules for both MD5 and SHA-1\. vBulletin slightly changes how the encryption is done. It md5's the password and then the salt string. And the resulting string is md5'ed again. Though i can be wrong at the part at which the salt is md5'ed. I have not checked it with vBulletin or IPB or SMF. But the SHA-1 hash generated is accurate.

And sorry about posting this in the wrong board.

> Why would I want to do that? The SQL database is only queried when it is needed. Only if multiple logins are attempted will the server lag up.

and this NEVER happens in an ORPG.

Mindsets like this are what produce horrible, horrible programs.

I can however agree with you, considering any game from eclipse will hardly gain popularity, but it's still something you must consider. Why do you think Robin has a Login server for Crystalshire? Hell, what do you think is wrong with Eclipse's current networking? *cough* synchronous connection blocking *cough*

> and this NEVER happens in an ORPG.
>
> Mindsets like this are what produce horrible, horrible programs.
>
> I can however agree with you, considering any game from eclipse will hardly gain popularity, but it's still something you must consider. Why do you think Robin has a Login server for Crystalshire? Hell, what do you think is wrong with Eclipse's current networking? *cough* synchronous connection blocking *cough*

synchronous connection blocking: Synchronous connections are blocked?

But since it doesn't have much to it other than logging in it isn't much of a problem. I am going to work on a Players Online list and a Highscore table. So those two things will be handles in a separate server.

> The server gets bottlenecked and will have a delay with the logins.

The only way I think that this can be solved is to use Multiple threads. But since VB6 doesn't support multi-threading there is nothing that can be done.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation by the way.

> The only way I think that this can be solved is to use Multiple threads. But since VB6 doesn't support multi-threading there is nothing that can be done.

If you use a separate executable file to process account information then it can process them independent of one another.

> If you use a separate executable file to process account information then it can process them independent of one another.

I misread. I thought it affected the entire networking. (Like when multiple packets are received.)

So, you guys are for certain you had no other base for this? So basically you're 100% certain that you didn't get help from daxxter's system by ripping it doing some re-writing and then testing on multiple engines, not saying you did…just wondering.

> the player data will still be server sided or will be on a sql table?

Server sided. Only the password is stored in the database.

> So, you guys are for certain you had no other base for this? So basically you're 100% certain that you didn't get help from daxxter's system by ripping it doing some re-writing and then testing on multiple engines, not saying you did…just wondering.

I don't think Daxter ever used something like this. And I don't have the cash to buy his system. Mortal Angel has it but he is bounded to the rules that he shouldn't use the source. So I didn't use any of the source from Daxter's system. And I haven't tested it on any other engine other than EVB.