Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting

Me and Niko have teamed up to creating a gaming revolution. Big ideas, experienced members and heavy scripting/coding. We cannot release and real info about the game at this time seeing as it will be a secret project. We will only be hiring experienced and dedicated game makers so do not reply to this post without examples of your work and past projects to back you up with.

WE NEED:
Artists- people who are good at editing premade tilesets. This be including color mods and complete edits. (practicing with the rpg maker xp tiles and using them as examples may give you a better shot).

Server Host - Somebody with a decent internet connection that will host the games server for us.

Scripters/coders- Niko will be the main scripter but me and him are taking control of all aspects of the game design so he will need a secondary scripter who can help and take control when Niko is not around.

Content Testers- this simple but crucial job will be a major part of the designing process. They will simply test new features of the game. Think of it like this, what if we added 5 new monsters to the game, and added the max player level up say 20 levels. The monsters give 20 more exp then the last strongest monster, but the five monsters are all the same exp. This means you may level up god the first couple new levels, but after time because the exp on the five new monsters does not go up, the leveling will become slower and slower.

Music Developers - If you can make sounds or entire music for a certain aspect of the game then we want to hear about it. Remember, examples are needed.

Last but not least we need reliability. This is a very secret project and we need you to be able to keep that secret from other people. We will only be announcing what this game is called and what it is about right before we actually release it. No open betas, no work in progress set ups or demos, this game will only be released when the entire team is happy with it and when there is a fully functioning large system in place. At this point we may employ more testers and also be counting on you to say things like "i think this music would be better suited here" or "i think that tile is getting in the way when im walking around and should be removed"

We can say that at this early stage we have come up with some amazing and unique ideas that will innovate eclipse games in the future. Looking forward to your applications.

Oh yeh, it will be beneficial if you have msn so we can get into a multi person conversation whilst developing.

Currently Staffed by:

Spike - Lead Visual Creator and Designer
Niko - Lead Coder and System Designer
Soljah - All around Game Design and Development
dg1423 - Help and moral support
Bone - Quest design
Shrig94 - Combat / economic equalizing
Bobosk - Scripting
Homicidal Monkey - VB6 Ops and Source Edits
l0lz! - External Graphics Developer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second link doesnt work, but the first one sounds great.
Ill discuss it with niko, but you've definately got me sold.

Quick question, are you willing to make much longer songs. Say 3 minutes long?

err
do quest designers have to script the quests as well?
iunno how to show examples for that lol :p

i can script, too
no examples for that,

all scripts that i've made ( somewhere on my comp ) are for my own project…
and im not releasing, and they wudnt make sense either

but just tell me if im needed

no, quest designers simply think up cool quest ideas and different ways they can be accomplished, we will hopefully have a conversation system for npcs that allow you to do different quests or gather different information from them whilst also gainging speechcraft experience to talk to higher social classes or different languages alltogether.

I could be a combat balancer if you want, I really dont have an example to this but I am  taking statistics in college this year as a 14 year old and I am very good at math. If you search "Shri ganeshram" in google with the quotations you will see some math awards, etc.

Bone, just to let you know quest designers have alot of work. They need to think of the story line going in for the quest. Some quests need to be tied into the main story line. You need to be able to split the different parts of the quest up so I can script them esier. You also need to keep in mind that you will need to give me the just of what the npcs will be saying. Every quest that we make will be as epic as the last. We do not quests that go like this "please help me, I lost my three cooking apples on the trail, Will you find them?". Even the easy quests with easy kills will be long, detailed and epic!

Shrig we may need you for testing and balancing levels/maps. Are you any good at scripting.

Also do not even post in this thread if your not dedicated. We dont need like 24/7 working. But you know.

So true Niko. (logged in on mah ps3)

What we can promise you guys is that we have never been so excited about the prospects of an eclipse game. The stuff we came up with on MSN today was so good and so vast Niko had to resort to writing it down so he didnt forget anything.

If you want I could be a Quest Designer / Writer.  I think Most people would agree that I'm one the of the better Storywriters on the forums.  Also I'm what you could call intensely creative :P  If you want some story examples I'm sure I can dig up a few of my notebooks for you :P

K here :

*Anything after asterisks are comments, or notes

**It isnt titled, 'cause i think thats dumb.**

1.  You encounter a NPC farmer at his farm (inside)
When you talk to him, this is what appears
_"Something, or someone, has been eating my livestock" the farmer says with a devilish glint in his eye_

Some sort of agreement is made and you agree to go hunt this unknown entity down

2\. You search around the farm, to find a sheep pen, with sheep inside
You go inside the sheep pen
*inside the sheep pen, there will be about 4 sheep clustered in a corner of the pen, and one 'wierd sheep' as you may name it, in the other corner, he will be.. wierd. and there will be blood around him ( just a bit )
I would use NPC blocks to keep them in their spaces

* they shouldnt drop anything, or give any XP, as they are sitting ducks

3\. * there are two ways of doing this

A. After killing the sheep, it drops 'strange wolf fur'
B. after examining the sheep, it drops 'strange wolf fur'

* choice A may be a bit too wierd for players, they may not figure it out

* your choice

4\. After you have the sheep fur, your character becomes aware of tracks,  and follows  across the map, and into another map, so on, until a forest

* this may be done, by creating a sort of trail of tracks, with scripted tiles, each checking to see if the character has the sheep fur in his iventory, or some other way to check that he has completed the sheep part of the quest

* the script would go like, after going on Track1, he unlocks track2, and proceeding to track3, and there for searching, you may also make a slight variation of the ground tile, so the character has something to look for, instead of randomly walking around
you may place a couple of track 1's, so it isnt too hard

5\. You follow the tracks to a place in the woods, and upon entering the map, you get a message saying it smells of blood, and gore, and gory stuff
with some rocks and a whole, and a bunch of 'wierd sheep' tied to a tree, or something, you go in the hole…

* again, ther needs to be some kind of 'quest flags' so you can tell what part of the quest the player is in, as to not be able to do wierd stuff unless you are in that quest

6\. You go through a tunnel, finding some weak monsters named 'sleepy wolves', which pose no threat to you, you continue down the tunnel.

* as to make it easier for players.. you may do this :

' The player gets a message from his consience, telling him it would be a good idea to see what those monsters drop '

* by killing them, you get small spikes of silver, a weapon, dealing a TON of damage, a.k.a. killing the wolves in 1 hit
or you may script this in, i dont know how, to make it kill werewolves in 1 hit

* ondeath, or if the player warps out of there, you may want to confiscate those silver weapons cuz they'd do a hell lot of damage, if you dont script in the 1 hit KO

7\. As you continue down, you find yourself a ' Big Werewolf', as you go to attack him, you fall in a trap
* eg, scripted tile, lay a whole ton of them around, so its for sure the player gets trapped

8\. You appear in another map, you are in a cage with a door, there is a pick-up-able item on the floor "stones"
there is a guard walking around your cage, with keys, that he drops when hes killed

* so what the player does here, is get the stones, hit the guard, so the guard comes towards him, your suppsed to run around the cage so the guard gets lured through the door which only the Guard can go through, but you cant
once inside, you use a Silver Spike, or w/e weapon to kill hiim
he drops keys, enabling you to access the door

9\. You find another silver spike, so you dont run out of them yet, you walk down the map, go into another part of the cave, and encounter a Locked door, and 2 paths branching out to the sides, and a Anvil and Hammer ( not an item ) in the  middle, or to the side of the map

* the door requires a key to go through it, this is just random quest material to add a puzzle into it

A. Path one :
There is a maze of sorts, a 1-2 map maze, and high leveled Wolves, you go through them, and into a chamber, in the chamber there is a 'key part 1'

You get it and get back out again, simple
* i know its a poorly done puzzle, but my head hurts and im in no mood for puzzles, but then again, i shouldnt be making excuses....

B. Path two :
There is a sort of Mario style warps, like 3 , and then after you get through that, another 3, etc etc, and about 4 levels, and a 'key part 2' at the end

* you could probably make the portals random, so you dont memorize the combo

After getting both the keys, you attempt to smithy them together, only to find it doesnt work, you have to try again, and again if neccesary
* again, randomly, 1/3 it'll work, and if it doesnt, youll have to go and reget the key pieces

10\. You go through the gate, Find a boss, you have to kill him ( papa wolf )
* it'd be cool to have holes in the ground that shoot up fire, or some neat thing to make it more intresting, perhaps Minions spawning

Anyways, after you kill him, you get... Dun Dun DUn!!!! a necklace!!!!
By wearing it your transformed into a wolf! w00t w00t
You also get Papa Wolf Fur, or w/e

Erm, so you have this necklace.

11\. By going into the next map, all your Silver Spikes get magically confiscated
*you can see my mindpower is running out, just randomly making excuses to confiscate things

You enter a hall with lots of wolves, only by putting on the Wolf necklce, you dont get noticed by them
but if your not wearing them, you get ripped to pieces,
* you can either script this as you enter the map, and have the players health slowly decrease, or rapidly,
Or you can make it actually y have to put it on, and the monsters are scripted not to attack you

12.  By unequiping the necklace, you remain a wolf nonetheless,
* oh, and all your equips are unequipped, a wolf is sort of a class of its own, enabling great speeds, but not so much attack

So you go back to the farmer, who knew all along about the wolves, and was just trying to get them some free dinner,
but he doesnt know its you, and he asks you to transform back

On talking to him again, he questions why you havent transformed back
and then proceeds to attack you, once you've killed him
You recieve a necklace to transform back into Human shape

You have every right to loot his treasure chest
* reward = exp, money, random stuff

* QUEST DONE *

Yup, now looking back, its sort of a shitty quest lol
w/e read it over, and post back to me
and If you dont like it, maybe i can try and write up another one

Also, there isnt alot of talking to NPC's,
but sort of clue finding and stuff

the puzzles are lame, i can be sure of that

over and all, it isnt as epic as you wanted it to be
and not as long probably

There are numerous trick things to think over, that might not work in the quest, but if it was to be for a real game, i'd look it over a hell lot more, but mostly i did it to show the creative part, not so much the loophole part

thanks for readinggg.....

its a bit of a read i know...

Could i also offer my help with assisting you on creating quest lines? With the way your goin about your game i'm already interested. I can create a story to back up the entire game itself, like a folk or a lore to go with it, i've been gaming since i was 8, now i'm 15, i've done so many quests and i could bulk them up into millions of uber quests. I'd also prefer to PM you my quests because i don't want other people in on my secret of quest writing.

@ferrari32:

> Errrr srry to break it to ya, my exams are gonna start in the next few weeks and i need to finish my assignments and get the exams over and done with before i can start GFXin for ya again. Srry :(

This is a quote from what he said on my topic so, there's no chance he can help you.
Anasky