Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My GUI

KevinBoy

yea, its pretty awesome, except i dont know what that stuff above ip config is, i dont no if its deliberate or not, but  it recks the whole thing. also the corners of nearly all the boxes have atleast 1 pixel that is a brighter brown or a darker brown, that looks untidy. but other than that, i would play a game with gui like that.

TBH, it looks more like a cheesy My Space layout. The title for the game is hard to read, and the gradient colors for the boxes are horribly chosen. The layout however is very creative. Just work on your style for an MMORPG, not a My Space Layout.

I honestly dont get you guys.
Someone posts a crappy, or generally bland unappealing GUI and everyone gives them shit.

But then someone posts a nice GUI thats visually appealing and had some work put into it, and still they get crap?

I dont know if you guys are expecting commercial quality or what, I just dont get it.  I think it looks nice besides the hard to read title (if it was stretched out some to be easier to read that could help)

I just think, considering the community of inde's we are, that they are expecting to much.
I'm curious what an "aceptable" gui would look like to then.

I doubt any but Robin could do anything appealing

(also, how in the hell did I double post there? I thought I only posted one..  I must have not refreshed the main thread and it still said "new")

@Kreator:

> That's a bit harsh, Look in the GFX or GUI show off sections, he's showed off GUI's before, very talented might I add.

well the last one he should off was some screenshots in [this topic](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30935.0.html)
find it kinda funny how his GUI in it uses premade backgrounds

but i agree that it only needs the title to be stretched out so it would be easier to read, other than that, i think its pretty damn good

@renzo:

> well the last one he should off was some screenshots in [this topic](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30935.0.html)
> find it kinda funny how his GUI in it uses premade backgrounds

What do you expect, its a fan game… -_-'

Check out this one-
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30208.0.html

@Kevin:

> are u guys trying to compare me with him :o?

Sorry for going offtopic. I'm just trying to prove otherwise about what DrNova said about Robin, then Renzo came along and posted a link to Robin's GUI, and hence me with another.

Second GUI looks nicer, the color of the buttons seems a bit too much. Perhaps you should try texturing them and making them less saturated in color?

Also must ask whether you made that background or not. =/