Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exp label changing into %

Tyr

Hi all,

what i hated bout eclipse is that it displays your exp in for example 92 / 124, it doesn't give you a good view on how far you are to level right?

so this small source edit shows your exp in %, still on server side in the Expierience.ini you still have to type the normal amount of xp (of course)

_Ok so here you go:_

first of all, its all CLIENT SIDE

go into modHandleData and add to the declariations:
   ```
Dim Captionfix As String
```

then you search for:
   ```
frmMirage.lblEXP.Caption = Val(parse(6)) & " / " & Val(parse(5))
```
and you change that line into
   ```
Captionfix = Int(((Val(parse(6) * 100) / Val(parse(5)))))
frmMirage.lblEXP.Caption = Captionfix & " %"
```

now it should work! i hope you like this little script of me :)

credits are not needed, but if u rly like to.. i will not stop you ^.^

_- peace out, Tyr_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Of course then you don't know how much exp you need….

unless your exp rate never increases (IE: a level 1 need 1k exp to level up and a level 99 needs 1k exp to level up)

because otherwise they have to kill monsters just to figure out how much exp they need. and if they are like me then they have to figure out how many monsters they must kill to get that amount of exp... just a pain :/

@Skieth:

> Of course then you don't know how much exp you need….
>
> unless your exp rate never increases (IE: a level 1 need 1k exp to level up and a level 99 needs 1k exp to level up)
>
> because otherwise they have to kill monsters just to figure out how much exp they need. and if they are like me then they have to figure out how many monsters they must kill to get that amount of exp... just a pain :/

In Lostica, I have it setup so if players want to know how much exp they have till they level, they can just change it in the in-game options… very convinent*.

I'm just being easily irritable.

Thats why I volunatrily gave up moderator status for a while.
I knew I was going to be cranky, and didnt want to abuse any power, and no one likes it when mods get away with breaking rules.
I deserve to be warned like everyone else right now, I'm in a poor temperment state of mind

@Skieth:

> Of course then you don't know how much exp you need….
>
> unless your exp rate never increases (IE: a level 1 need 1k exp to level up and a level 99 needs 1k exp to level up)
>
> because otherwise they have to kill monsters just to figure out how much exp they need. and if they are like me then they have to figure out how many monsters they must kill to get that amount of exp... just a pain :/

There's a + point on this… People that like the runescape exppoints are going to immitate them, which means they're using your work.
If they only see % then they cant :P.

@anasky:

> There's a + point on this… People that like the runescape exppoints are going to immitate them, which means they're using your work.
> If they only see % then they cant :P.

read my post above, another option is to add on mouseover (the exp label) display the amount of exp in numbers…

@Tyr:

> read my post above, another option is to add on mouseover (the exp label) display the amount of exp in numbers…

@Xeross:

> you could always make a mouseover that shows the xp in numbers instead of percent

Ok, this is really odd…
2 guys posting the same after each other? Xeross, where were you with your mind?

• 8 months later...