Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are 2d games dying?

Jarmendes

Some people still prefer a 2d game over a 3d game, so.

Plus some people's computers might not be able to handle a big game, like WoW or silkroad.  So they might technically be forced to play a 2d cuz its all that their computer would let them play.

I dont think 2d games are dying, at least not yet.
For example look at MapleStory, and something rush I think, both 2D and doing very well for themselves.

Not to mention the continued interest in old games via emulator.
Eventually 2d will die off, but it will be a long while I think.  There is an appeal that a 2d game gives that is hard to explain, but they are just fun

yeah, 2d games give something 3d games cant. I cant really describe it.                                                                                              But then again, i say the same thing for 3d games.  Personally, i play both. And love both types.

I hate when they ruin classics that are way fun to play as 2d, but then go 3-d and you just dont get the same enjoyment from it.

Mario I think is one of the very few that transitioned to 3d pretty well, though I still play SM2-3 on my emulator from time to time.  The megaman series and metroid as well.
I also have an NES classic called Swords and Serpents, such a fun game

well lol. hopefully eclispe will change this. lol i think 3d games are complicated. but 2d, man that's what games should be. Game's don't need to be realistic. It only matters to the people who truly want it to be realistic. They just want to pretend to be the player. And that's not what games are for. They are for haveing fun with friends, or just playing, not for pretending.

@Rogue:

> i love 3-d games but i dont have the money resources for effort to make a 3-D game even though i own both Realm Crafter and Torque i still prefer using RMXP and eclipse
>
> and runescape just sucks ass

:O
Download DarkBasic