Find results that contain...
Find results in...

28 Skills Every Man Should Know ~ new addons

ENIGMAX

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe I'm exagerating the blizzard part. It was a fairly heavy snowfall with wind, and it was cold, but I was never afraid for my life. And atleast I was wearing a light jacket and had pants on instead of shorts; but by the time we got home my left thigh and upper arm were soaking wet. But nothing a hot shower and wool blankets couldn't fix!
:cheesy:

Now a time I was scared for my life in a blizzard was one time we were driving to some mountain town in January, and skid out, spun and landed right into a snowdrift up on the pass (I wasn't driving this trip). We tried to dig out, but couldn't, so finally we flagged someone down, and they tried to help pull us out but couldn't either, so they decided to give us a ride to the town so we could get a tow truck.

Anyway, this car we flagged down, was an 80s or so van, and was a guy and his son, some vacuumn repairmen and sellers out of Wyoming or something like that (we were in the north-central mountains of CO). So anyway we get in the van and head for town. Up til now the weather wasn't too bad, but the roads were slick and snowpack. But now the weather started turning bad and snowing hard, with low visibility. Anyway this driver didn't seem to care and was hauling like he was in a major hurry or something. Also the whole time he and his son are just blabbing away about stuff, they lived in some small town in Wyoming (what town isn't small in WY? - zing!), and generally just babbling away, while flying down a snowpacked mountain road SIDEWAYS in a blizzard!

I guess since the driver was so nonchalantly chatting, he didn't seem concerned about the driving, and probably knew those roads in that sort of weather… but it was still an scary ride until we got to town! Then we got to ride back up the road in the cab of a tow truck -- that day had enough of me sitting directly next to strange redneck males for to last several years -- and although the snow stopped falling by the time we got back to our truck, it already had a dusting of snow covering it. Anyway the tow truck puilled it out of the snowbank easily enough, and after knocking snow free of the fan belt and other things we were able to go on our journey without further incident.

I can do all of them except the water ones(can't swim) and the gun one.
I will never own a gun. I could probably make a bow & arrow from scratch though.
If you add Gwen-Speak to the list im good there too :)

and for the last one, does sleeping outside in a thunderstorm with no protection whatsoever count? it was fall so it was pretty windy/cold then add rain, lightning… was no fun at all.

1\. Patch A Radiator Hose - A what.
2\. Protect Your Computer - From viruses or people? I can do both, but I'm better against people.
3\. Rescue a Boater Who Has Capsized - Easy.
4\. Frame a Wall - No thx.
5\. Retouch Digital Photos - Digital photos can suck it down and choke on it.
6\. Back Up a Trailer - I camp in tents or no tents, whichever is more convenient at the time.
7\. Build a Campfire - I try but I fail. :[ So I stay cold.
8\. Fix a Dead Outlet - Call an electrician. Work the economy!
9\. Navigate With a Map and Compass - I only use a compass (sometimes), I mainly wander my way back…
10\. Use a Torque Wrench - Never heard of this.
11\. Sharpen a Knife - I need more practice with the stone.
12\. Perform CPR - No thx.
13\. Fillet a Fish - Do what? I just cook the whole thing.
14\. Maneuver a Car Out of a Skid - I don't drive cars.
15\. Get a Car Unstuck - I don't drive cars.
16\. Back Up Data - Damn easy.
17\. Paint a Room - Shouldn't be too hard, never done it though. But it seems easy.
18\. Mix Concrete - Don't you just add water?
19\. Clean a Bolt-Action Rifle - I really should learn if used bolt action rifles. Other people have moved on, to stuff like semi-automatic. I have.
20\. Change Oil and Filter - I don't drive cars.
21\. Hook Up an HDTV - I thought you just plug that shit into a wall.
22\. Bleed Brakes - I don't drive a car.
23\. Paddle a Canoe - I don't use canoes.
24\. Fix a Bike Flat - I used to know, a few years ago...
25\. Extend Your Wireless Network - Call the network company, KEEP DA ECONOMY GOING.
26: Give a girl an orgasm. - That's something I'll figure out later in life.
27: Masturbate. - Why is this important to learn?
28\. Drive a jeep with no doors 50 miles through the mountains in a blizzard (while wearing late summer clothing) - I would do this walking, I don't drive cars.

There is some things that you need.
1) Killing a person with your bare hands. Very important stuff there.
2) Killing an animal with your bare hands. Very difficult. It's on my to-do list.

29\. While driving 100 MPH on a busy highway in a bolted shut BatMobile, jump out,    land on a motorcycle, slide on the cycle's side under a burning 18-wheeler WHILE shooting a watergun at it and extinguishing it, accelerate up a ramp, jump a crane, stick the landing, get a 11/10 from the judges, get bypassers to call you a mofo for shooting their babies, and save Princess Peach.

Good shit right there. Very useful in life.

@Steel:

> 29\. While driving 100 MPH on a busy highway in a bolted shut BatMobile, jump out,    land on a motorcycle, slide on the cycle's side under a burning 18-wheeler WHILE shooting a watergun at it and extinguishing it, accelerate up a ramp, jump a crane, stick the landing, get a 11/10 from the judges, get bypassers to call you a mofo for shooting their baby, and save Princess Peach.

Wow… that is manly. I'd do anyone who pulled that off, no questions asked.