Find results in...

LoZ ORPG GUI WIP + Map Mockup

Dark Crusade

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i do, the Beginning of this topic was me telling kreator that it looks good but its scary to see a game so close to the actual game go online, its wrong and as a game designer you should know. nothing personal towards kreator and it wasnt out of revenge, and then agreeing with me others referred to also thinking this was wrong, not in a act of backing me up..i dont even know codemeister. this did not become a personal attack until you were mentioning at first how me and allen were the same person, then proving you wrong you insulted him by trying to say he was fat, when obviously thats a immature and off-topic thing to say.

Spark a flame and the fire will spread, you'll understand that one day, somewere around were you learn that a spell checker wont be there for your whole life to depend on.

@rhyhart:

> Even if this is a Fan-based game I think you went a little to far on how close to the real game.

Close? The only thing our fangame resembles to Zelda is the fact that we labeled it 'World of Hyrule', and the fact that our tiles is in a style similar to LTTP, and that we are having items like kokiri sword and tunics.

We haven't released a plot line, ideas, or any sort of story yet either. All we have released is a mockup of the GUI, and a map, that's all.

@codemeister1990:

> umm
> I'm not 100% certain, but I think you can't steal
> anything from inside a game either (names, sprites, story)

We aren't using their story or sprites retard. Can't you read. Oh, I forgot your ignorant.

We are only using ONE single trademark, and that's… oh wait, Hyrule isn't trademarked. We are not using any copyrighted material or trademarks.

@Sean¹:

> Yes i do, the Beginning of this topic was me telling kreator that it looks good but its scary to see a game so close to the actual game go online, its wrong and as a game designer you should know. nothing personal towards kreator and it wasnt out of revenge, and then agreeing with me others referred to also thinking this was wrong, not in a act of backing me up..i dont even know codemeister. this did not become a personal attack until you were mentioning at first how me and allen were the same person, then proving you wrong you insulted him by trying to say he was fat, when obviously thats a immature and off-topic thing to say.
>
> Spark a flame and the fire will spread, you'll understand that one day, somewere around were you learn that a spell checker wont be there for your whole life to depend on.

If you can't read then you will get it in the context as "he's fat", why are you blaming me that you can't read?

I never used a spell checker, if I don't know a word I don't use it or I either look it up in my dictionary, which defines the protocol of the English language.

> Will you try and help me understand this since we are mentally retarded like you mentioned earlier?

You aren't specific, in which language do you want it?

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

@Kreator:

> Close? The only thing our fangame resembles to Zelda is the fact that we labeled it 'World of Hyrule', and the fact that our tiles is in a style similar to LTTP, and that we are having items like kokiri sword and tunics.
>
> We haven't released a plot line, ideas, or any sort of story yet either. All we have released is a mockup of the GUI, and a map, that's all.
>
> We aren't using their story or sprites retard. Can't you read. Oh, I forgot your ignorant.
>
> We are only using ONE single trademark, and that's… oh wait, Hyrule isn't trademarked. We are not using any copyrighted material or trademarks.

![](http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6221/zeldapk6.jpg)

"We are not using any copyrighted material or trademarks."

and you call yourself a gfx artist?

That screenshot of yours still makes no sense, obviously.

Addendum:
It still doesn't.

Secondary Addendum:
They may call them themselves that because they draw it themselves with the Zelda tiles as sample, they did not copy that with just Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

@Sean¹:

> ![](http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6221/zeldapk6.jpg)
>
> "We are not using any copyrighted material or trademarks."
>
> and you call yourself a gfx artist?

Yes that's right, we aren't using copyrighted material or trademarks. And yes I do call myself a gfx artist. Why, what seems to be the problem? Are you just posting that image to perceive how much effort we have put into our completely custom made tiles from scratch, to make them in the same style as LTTP, but of cause- so much better?

@codemeister1990:

> I'm gonna "make an island dedicated to your game, with crappy everything, in homage to your crapiness XD
> It'll look similar in every way, similar background, similar tileset
> I'll even name it the same as your game, but I'll take the credit"

Uh… ok?

@codemeister1990:

> I'm gonna "make an island dedicated to your game, with crappy everything, in homage to your crapiness XD
> It'll look similar in every way, similar background, similar tileset
> I'll even name it the same as your game, but I'll take the credit"

Good for you, have fun.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

@Sean¹:

> hey everyone, when this game comes out, lets steall all the graphics and make a game also, and change the names and put some dots on the tiles, and well call it a fan game of this fan game :D!

Great for you, one question though, where are you going to find some programmer which is stupid enough to program for you?

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

Ok so earlier in this thread, Kreator posted work made by them, when watermarks with there "assoication" name all over it, and japez saying he'll kill you if you steal there tiles, well then thats exactly my point, its clear, its in fact, its all in this thread, you can't threaten us to not steal your shit when your off stealing big corporations high selling, high market high population of a game.

and i promise you i will steal your tiles and sprites and make a game with them just to prove how much your shitting on nintendo.

I don't call this the act of stealing. Plus, for this game to be "played" by LoZ fans,
It has to have it's own role play, following an original or further plot.
Why would they create an identical story?
It would contridict the very reasons why they develop it.

Plus the game is non-commerical, so it's in Fair Use of any Copywrite.
As long as LoZ has a disclaimer on their webpage that the game is a non-commerical Fanbased game.
I doubt Nintendo would really trip on it.

You don't need to promise, we already expected that you would steal them, as you did with other graphics.

rhyhart, get lost, you may not use adding, subtraction, multiplying, modulus, etc. somebody else had that idea and now you're stealing it.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

@rhyhart:

> Just because Hyrule isn't trademarked by Nintendo doesnt make it right to take there ideas and make them into your own. Thats just the wrong thing to do.

Its a fan game, we need some resemblance to distinguish it, don't you agree?

@Wing:

> If i am correct, Kreator, Japez , and Robin didnt steal anything but the name.

World of Hyrule is the name. Hyrule is not trademarked by Nintendo.

@Wing:

> The graphics are custom and i dont know about the story.
>
> If its a fan game, its not stealing.

And we have no story as of yet.

@codemeister1990:

> so saying its a fan game automatically makes it not stealing?
> I did not know that

Sure, some fan games steal graphics, but this one is completely custom graphics.
They're just copying the style, and the story isnt even made yet.

So, therefore, they are not stealing, if i am correct.