Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SMF

Lenton

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=2.0;sort=subject

First off, if your using a free its going to be alot harder.

Because most of them don't have mysql databases you can use. If you can you need to create a database with a user name and a password. Then download the latest version of Smf unzip and upload all the files onto your host. Then goto www.yoururl.com/index.php then it will redirect you to the install, fill in all the info.

Its hard to explain, if you buy a charter membership for 50 bucks they will install it for you. You also get alot of bonus stuff.

or alot of payed hosting will have options to automatically install it for you.

This is the latest btw without going beta

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-6_install.zip

000webhost.com come with Fantico Installers, But Should not use that hoster. I'm currently suspened from hosting24.com for using Too much recources, I used 2 GB space and about 3 GB Banwidth and they said unlimited. And 000webhost will do this to you :  Fetal Error : Configuration Files not found. But you can try but I suggest back up your files everyday.

Rithy

I agree to Xeross. I have both free and bought from those server. The x10 is better at free and fee. If u want to know, try add another Scripts and remove it back, your website will be mess up and they did it on purpose. It's in thier script. If u pay, you'll get an auto-response e-mail saying u using too much resource even though they said it free. And if u don't response to the e-mail. You'll get suspended. x10 is better but not much feature. Oh and btw, your wesbite keep telling me they checking the website…. Trust me I used them for years, they're not good hoster. You can also search about them.

Rithy

You see this page, because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect will be removed once we will finish manually checking all files on this account. As far we check over 100 websites, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor - please come back later.

Wow what a shitty host.

It is, I used it but now I changed into X10Hosting, you get free domain names (.com .net etc.) For refering new users!

Also, if you still want 000webhost, get yourdomain.co.cc because it doesn't have yourdomain.net76.net and it looks better! I made a tutorial on how to set it up, check it out at http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,33601.msg308965.html#new

@Marsh:

> You see this page, because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect will be removed once we will finish manually checking all files on this account. As far we check over 100 websites, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor - please come back later.
>
> Wow what a shitty host.

That is very rare and they was just checking it because i have just signed up.

@riseofwar:

> It is, I used it but now I changed into X10Hosting, you get free domain names (.com .net etc.) For refering new users!
>
> Also, if you still want 000webhost, get yourdomain.co.cc because it doesn't have yourdomain.net76.net and it looks better! I made a tutorial on how to set it up, check it out at http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,33601.msg308965.html#new

I already have. www.mayhemonline.co.nr

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, after a while I did find out that there crap.

The whole sub directory to my forum was deleted and they say if I get paid hosting they will make backups.

They are scamming me.

I will try that 10xhosting or w/e.. Does anyone know of any good free hosting sites?