Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding an Action Bar to Your Game!

zade_o

i was finally able to test this out, and i double clicked the spell on the list, i get a RTE 53 saying that my spell.gif was not found.  I am having very many problems lately lol

{EDIT}

i found the reason, i didnt have a spell in that slot lol

works great thanks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna get to work on fixing that right now.

EDIT:::: FIXED ::::
I'm put the fix uptop in the main tutorial, but here it is if you don't feel like reading through that whole thing

replace the lstSpells double click function with this code
```
Private Sub lstSpells_DblClick()
    Dim O, r, p, Q As String
    Dim i
    Dim X
    Dim exists As Boolean

O = lstSpells.Text
    r = Right(O, Len(O) - 3)
    If (StrComp(Left(O, 1), "-") <> 0) Then

If (Image7.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image7.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell1" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image8.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image8.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell2" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image9.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image9.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell3" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image10.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image10.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell4" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image11.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image11.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell5" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image12.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image12.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell6" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image13.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image13.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell7" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image14.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image14.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell8" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image15.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image15.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell9" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)
        ElseIf (Image5.Picture = Image16.Picture) Then
            Image5.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\SpellIcons\" & r & ".gif")
            Call SendData("setspell10" & SEP_CHAR & r & END_CHAR)

Else
            Call AddText("All of your spell slots are full.", WHITE)
        End If

End If

End Sub
```

Ok, I tested this out and it pwns. I love how well I cause effectively use it with Lostica! Thank you, one thing though… sometimes my server crashes due to an error in the Set Item packet in the server HandleData section. Any ideas? (I happens when I loot sometimes)

I did that, but I still get the RTE 5\. All of my forms are named just this way. It only happens when I click the spell bar or type a number.

Like I made the labels a control array all named Label14\. So in the name it says Label14, but in the properties header it shows Label14(1) etc etc. I am positive this is what you meant. But does it matter WHERE I place these? Do I stretch them over my images?

Look I don't know how to help because I've added this to a fresh copy of the source and it worked fine and I just used this guide exactly as it says. The labels just go anywhere in the frmMirage. I just have them chilling in an open spot on mine, stacked on top of each other. I think it'd be safe to say you messed up somewhere else along the way.

Do you have MSN? Cause I have installed this source 3 times already over and over. There are errors in this source anyhow. A variable "s" is already declared in where you tell me to put this code. But even if I change all of the variables over to like "ss" I get the error.

Um yeah ghost I'm not stupid, I tried changing all of the variables over to "ss" and tried deleting the declaration and keeping it "s" but still has a run time error 5.

Don't assume that I do not know VB, although its been a while >>. What version of Eclipse are you using this with?

Thanks Warconn, I decided I'm just being lazy and I am going to code my own. I just wanted to see how this preformed before wasting too much time. But considering this one still has some apparent bugs I think that is the best route for me.

@Gh0st:

> List of Known Bugs that I'll fix tomorrow :
> ~~- Clicking on a spell in your spell book that has no spell there causes a crash~~
> - typing a number when talking in chat attempts to cast a spell

Ah cool, I know how to change the keys. I know visual basic man, but I want to used the numerical keys like you have set. If you could please post the fix that would be awesome.

Please do not keep insulting my visual basic knowledge. There is no need to get so offensive o.o

alright, ill stop, but you were insulting my friend Ghost, so…

```
  If KeyCode = vbKey1 Then
        If txtMyTextBox.Visible = False Then
          'insert code here

End If
    End If

```
that should work, i havent tested it, i have mine set to letters, like S will bring up the spell menu, but same concept