Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Transparent floating Windows without DX8\. Easy mod.

Devogen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@•Rydinophor•:

> yeah the dll and ocx files are probably tweaked.

Yea that was what i was thinking. But i wonder which one. Does anyone know which dll or ocx is for window transparency so i can take it from my vista and try replacing it the one on my xp

I replaced the Xp User32 with my vista user32 and no luck still have the flicker.

I read somewhere that it might be my .Net framework i think it is outdated so i will update that next and see what happens

Edit: Updating my .Net Framework didn't fix anything.

@Dimx:

> I replaced the Xp User32 with my vista user32 and no luck still have the flicker.
>
> I read somewhere that it might be my .Net framework i think it is outdated so i will update that next and see what happens
>
> Edit: Updating my .Net Framework didn't fix anything.

Im using dotNet2.0 on vista…im loading up winxp and win98 on a couple of laptops... im gonnga play with this bug and see if i can iron it out

Hey i tried out your code as shown, works great only… I want to tweak it a bit...

So basically i want to make a single object control in the form translucent, i tried doing:

```
SetTranslucent frmmirage.txtChat.hWnd, g_nTransparency
```
Though this did not do anything…

This is being triggered by GotFocus of the txtchat and LostFocus of txtchat (to fade out when player is not using it, fade in while)

_Thanks,_
  -Tiggilyboo

@tiggilyboo:

> Hey i tried out your code as shown, works great only… I want to tweak it a bit...
>
> So basically i want to make a single object control in the form translucent, i tried doing:
>
> ```
> SetTranslucent frmmirage.txtChat.hWnd, g_nTransparency
> ```
> Though this did not do anything…
>
> This is being triggered by GotFocus of the txtchat and LostFocus of txtchat (to fade out when player is not using it, fade in while)
>
> _Thanks,_
>   -Tiggilyboo

Could you possibly explain that in more detail please? I think I know what your talking about…. i think.

• 1 month later...
@tiggilyboo:

> NVM, i just realized this is used for form Alpha settings. Not controls within the form. Sorry,
>    -Tiggilyboo

No, it is not for making transparent controls in the form, as you dont need to - it makes the form and everything on it transparent. Ive also refined this code somewhat, i'll upload the source once im happy the flicker issue on older pc's has been resolved.