Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My girl-friends said this was sweet….

MaxAnstey

I made a sonnet for this girl i like so much and she recently said no, i think im in love with this girl and im 13: here we go….

Nicole i love you please believe its true
im writing this sonnet, this ones for you
my loe for you is far far to great
you said no when i asked for a date
when i see you im overwhelmed with joy
im more than a kid, more than a boy
i know theres better, much better than me
nicole, if you want, please be my wifey
after you've read this, if the answers still no
then il understand and il leave you alone
this is it now, ive said what i want
i dont even care if people laugh pick and taunt.

it might not have 10 syllables each line im not sure.

please vote and post a reply.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i went up to a girl i know and said that she would think i was a complete geek.
Save yourself the heartbreak and ask her to the movies.

Take my advice… don't tell her you 'love' her until you've been going out for like 2 weeks, or she says it first. And you must be at the pashing stage then!

I never write a poem or something like that to a girl I like. I usually ask her if she want to go to the movie with me then I'll ask her there.
Telling her through a letter or card isn't a good idea. You should tell her in person. But for me I kinda change my mind after I went out with girl for like 3-6 months. Don't know why. But now I found someone that I love very much. I'm going to stay with her probably forever. I started to like her for like a year and now she finally told me she kinda like me. Then I told her I like her, too. And now we're together.

Sincerely,
Rithy

yeah, the whole poem idea may come on kinda strong and or weird to a young girl especially when you're not actually together.

I never wrote a poem for a girl until now, after we were together for  a few months. Just passed a year now and we're doing good and we definitely love one another sooo… maybe that's a sign not to do poems that early? lol

@MaxAnstey:

> naah i said i liked her and she said no and that she doesnt believe i like her - long story.
> and iv asked her if she wants to meet up this wkd.

What? She doesn't believe you like her? Don't you like talk to her and stuff? Me, I usually do stuff with her to show her that I like her. Like last week we were talking about Cells and we have to work in pair, I went and pair up with her and do the project with her.
Oh and what did she say about meet up this weekend?

Sincerely,
Rithy

@MaxAnstey:

> I made a **sonnet** for this girl i like so much

Sonnets have fourteen lines, while the poem you made only has twelve…so if she's a poetry lover, she might find that a little suspicious.

Anyway, I love the concept of giving girls poems, I think it's really charming and romantic, but, I've talked to a number of girls on the subject, and most have told me that they found the fact that someone wrote a poem about them to be kind of creepy. Though, the few that enjoyed getting a poem were really impressed...so, you're going to have to play the odds. If you know Nicole as well as I hope you do, you should know how she feels about poetry. If it's something she never talks about, she probably wouldn't like a poem.

its good i hope it helps,

you should also look at other forms of poetry (to help later on)
If you look look at other forms (for this sort of situation) try Terza Rima

Info from: [http://home.vicnet.net.au/~poems/ps/html/terza_rima.html](http://home.vicnet.net.au/%7Epoems/ps/html/terza_rima.html)
Terza rima is a verse form composed of iambic tercets (three-line groupings). The rhyme scheme for this form of poetry is "aba bcb cdc, etc." The second line of each tercet sets the rhyme for the following tercet, and thus supplying the verse with a common thread, a way to link the stanzas. The only time the form changes is at the conclusion of the poem, where a single line that rhymes with the second line of the final tercet stands alone; the rhyme scene at the end of the poem looks like this: "xyx yzy z."

example:
Ode to the West Wind

By Percy Bysshe Shelley

O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being,
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing,

Yellow, and black, and pale, and hectic red,
Pestilence-stricken multitudes: O thou,
Who chariotest to their dark wintery bed

The winged seeds, where they lie cold and low,
Each like a corpse within its grave, until
Thine azure sister of the Spring shall blow

Her clarion o'er the dreaming earth, and fill
(Driving sweet buds like flocks to feed in air)
With living hues and odours plain and hill:

Wild Spirit, which art moving everywhere;
Destroyer and preserver; hear, oh, hear!