Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why am i limited to 4 maps

paratech

whilst creating my game i discovered im only allowed to create 4 maps, but when i look in the server and client folders i have 50 maps to use. i can warp to them fine with the admin tool, but when i set a warp portal it only shows 4 max. can i add more maps or do i have to do something else. im using eclipse vb

Make sure max_maps const or how ever its written in that version is bigger then 4.

Need some more information is this when you try use a warp tile attribute? or the warping in map properties? not sure on what you mean.

Client side you need to go to project > EVB Properties then click the make tab and you need to make sure the version number matches the values below server side in mod constants:

' Version constants
Public Const CLIENT_MAJOR As Byte = 2
Public Const CLIENT_MINOR As Byte = 4
Public Const CLIENT_REVISION As Byte = 0

> the options are:
>
>  
>
> data files
>
> src
>
> bass.dll
>
> client.vbp
>
> eclipse vb
>
> runtimes

What version of eclipse are you using because the modconstants should not max out at 4 maps., modconstants are in data files both client and server side. you will need visual basic 6 to change them. If the number of maps to more than 4 make sure both server and client side. Although I highly doubt this is your problem. Can you tell me what version of eclipse you are using.

true 2.7 maybe outdated but when ever i log into vb it says thats outdated and i have to go to the sleepystudios website.

is there a link to a more updated version anywhere?

how can i transfer tiles from 2.7 to vb as well.

The engine is not outdated it is saying the client is outdated compared to the server. Follow this to fix it:

Client side you need to go to project > EVB Properties then click the make tab and you need to make sure the version number matches the values below server side in mod constants:

' Version constants
Public Const CLIENT_MAJOR As Byte = 2
Public Const CLIENT_MINOR As Byte = 4
Public Const CLIENT_REVISION As Byte = 0

> im using eclipse vb and eclipse evolution 2.7

> true 2.7 maybe outdated but when ever i log into vb it says thats outdated and i have to go to the sleepystudios website.
>
> is there a link to a more updated version anywhere?
>
> how can i transfer tiles from 2.7 to vb as well.

Why dafuq are you cross using version?

If you use EE 2.7 then use EE 2.7 server

if you use EVB then use EVB server

> true 2.7 maybe outdated but when ever i log into vb it says thats outdated and i have to go to the sleepystudios website.
> is there a link to a more updated version anywhere?
> how can i transfer tiles from 2.7 to vb as well.

You have to re-download it because there were some bug fixes.