Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mac air or Windows?

Doomsalad

@Doomsalad:

> I've got about 2k dollars from saving and dont know if i should buy a mac air or some other Windows Pc. Any suggestions? My old desktop is too laggy…

get like a macbook pro
cuz u will have to buy a driver for the macbook air

i prefer a Pc myself and id get an HP laptop
those seem to be in pretty good shape most of the time

I'd have to suggest a pc, and an HP at that. I didn't actually pay for mine, but it's been really good to me. Not to mention they have decent specs and have good price ranges. If your concerned about OS stuff, Vista has it's bugs, but they can be gotten around, I've tried mac and if your used to a pc even the slightest it will take a while to get completely used to it.

NOOOOOO!
don't get an HP, you upgrade HPs by buying a new one. Several times Ive been called to fix HPs and it always takes an extra few hours. If you want to add more ram, youve gotta yank out the old stuff. Usually they glue all the parts together so that will be a pain in the ass. The last HP I worked on had the Hard Drive bolted in. I had to chisel it out just to replace it. They outsource their help desk and charge you if you call them. Their computers are also usually underpowered. I bought a dual core 64bit and it was running Vista 32bit. Then when I tried to install linux it fucked that up. Took me a week to get Linux stable.

I don't know Simius, Mine's getting pretty worn, but I've never had any problems hardware wise. When you learn that most of them have backup drive partitions they become idiot proof. In my honest opinion I'd say get an hp if you don't have the money to spare, they aren't bad computers; however, if you're looking to spend a bundle go for a high end computer.

Nah, doomsalad, I'm guessing your issue is hardware. I'm talking about people who have computers that are barely a year or two old and whine about how It's messing up. @Pieman:

> I got this computer that is over 5 years old and runs very good, not as good as my moms new portable computer but its good.

This is a good sign that you take care of your computer. :D

@Simius:

> yearly reformats =D

That's actually not a bad thing. It can keep your computer in really good condition, plus if you do it right you don't lose any of your files.
@Teh:

> Mac dude. But I suggest getting a different one than the Mac Air, unless you really love that it is thin. Macs are built to last. I still have a old Preforma from 93 and it works in tip top shape. It's running OS X btw. xD
>
> - Adulese

My point still stands, If your not used to the Mac Os you'll have a ton of fun learning how to use it.