Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help about Resource system and grid X,Y ???

ulquial

Hello everyone. First i will have to say that i have VB6\. Im not a beginner but im not a pro with it.

I need help with the resource system. The system used for mining, wood cutting etc. But i noticed that the system use a ''Block'' to not pass thru.

I need at least 1 item, that i can pass thru BEFORE, and AFTER the exhausted resource. My example is about cutting herb, i want to pass thru it before i cut it, and after i cut it. Is it possible to remove the ''Block'' for 1 item ? If its about a simple code or edit in VB6, i will, i have it. I need help, thank you in advance . :)

For your information, i dont think the ''Version'' i have of eclipse will be necessary. But i have Dragon Eclipse.

I also need help how to show the grid X,Y, so i can setup things in map like warp with precision.

Thanks for your help in advance.

;)

Look into where player move is handled, server side I believe, and remove the "blocked = yes". This will only help if you want to move through all resources. To just move through a specific type, you would need to change one of the data values of TILE_TYPE_RESOURCE and add an extra option to the map editor for the resource tile. Such as "Herb (or) Mineral (or) Tree" Then add an if statement to the can player move server side, this if statement should make an exception for what type it is, like so.

If TILE_TYPE_RESOURCE.Data1 = Herb then

blocked = no

else

blocked = yes

Something like that anyways. Keep in mind, I haven't seen the source code for eclipse for about a month or so. 

Hope this helps, cheers!

I believe that it checks in the Client in sub CheckDirection and then again in the server CanPlayerMove or CanMove. You would have to add an exception for your specific resource numbers or as skyward said, add the option to the resource itself which would include altering the resource packets and the resource editor.

Im not really good, i find a lot of TILE_TYPE_RESOURCE and i dont want to have problem with the server. Can i have a procedure or more specific way to change everything ?

And, how can I change the ''Resource type'' in editor? Or i really need vb6 for that?

I added ''herb'' and put it to ''none'' to the type, cuz its not a tree or fishing spot or a mineral. I would like to add a new type, how do i do that?

thanks.