Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Role Playing Game Ever? Nominate Your Favorite!

zombie0hour

Role Playing Games or RPGs for short have been a major sector of the video game market for as long as it has existed. These games continue to immerse us in unimaginable worlds. What is the greatest RPG to walk to the face of this Earth? Nominate your favorite of all time, and then it will all come down to a vote. For me, well I nominate Ultima! Nuff said  :P

Ultima Underworld II, Origin 1990\. This was the catalyst for 3D RPG games. The 3d window is small by comparison these days, but the game was just so good for the time. The sound, plot NPC's quests… it was just excellent.
![](http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo282/devogeninteractive/423px-Ultima-underworld-II-box.jpg)

I found KotOR 2 to be much superior to the first one. Better characters, better writing, better settings, and better gameplay (gameplay was the same just a few touch-ups). It was too bad the greedy companies rushed it so it had NO QA and no decent ending.

Best Role Playing Game? I don't know, I don't play them enough.

Sad thing is, what is a RPG? Really?

Morrowind. Don't have to think on that one, I played it religiously for three years.

Other than that, I grew up on Ultima Underworld 1 (holy HELL that game was hard) and Normality, though I'm not sure if that one counts. More of an adventure game, I guess.

I won't agree with you Anna. For me KOTOR2 was screwed… I can't realy enjoy a game that is not compleated and have that many bugs. Waiting for SW: Old Republic to become my new fav RPG - itsa gonna be an mmo but from what I know it's more like singleplayered.

@[AUS:

> [IG] УvøgêÑ link=topic=38132.msg364189#msg364189 date=1233895191]
> Ultima Underworld II, Origin 1990\. This was the catalyst for 3D RPG games. The 3d window is small by comparison these days, but the game was just so good for the time. The sound, plot NPC's quests… it was just excellent.
> ![](http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo282/devogeninteractive/423px-Ultima-underworld-II-box.jpg)

ill have to check that out,.
ive heard Ultima games are pretty good
and im lookin for a good rpg