Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you want this board to be gone as well?

Anna Comnena

@Anna:

> Leniency for what?
> It's very simple, you read and think before posting, you won't break any rules or get warned. That's all. Might not seem like much to new members, but you might make a wrong post here and there, or ask questions that have been asked before, ok it's not a problem, is it? But a day later, or week, or month, others will have made the same little innocent mistake you have made.
>
> Most people won't see them because they are here a few weeks then bail, but those little innocent mistakes add up, and really mess up the forum.
>
> But this thread doesn't matter now, Recruitment Center forum is back, use that as usual. I'm not even going to moderate it anymore, I had enough of it before it was closed last month, if other moderators want to good luck to you.

Well the experience I had here was this:

-Post a thread asking for help on programming.
-Get attacked and judged for my graphics.
-Get called a noob several times.
-Topic gets lockedĀ  by angry moderator who doesn't like my graphics.
-Topic gets locked again by an overzealous moderator who comments on every single post.
-I complain, topic gets locked.
-I pm the angry moderator asking what I did, he claims I had said I didn't use eclipse.
-After a few PMs, I convinced the mod to re-read it.
-Topic gets unlocked, after two pages of turm-oil.

Clearly the bureaucracy here has problems that need to be addressed, since my original post had nothing wrong with it.

@zenpher:

> Well the experience I had here was this:
>
> -Post a thread asking for help on programming.
> -Get attacked and judged for my graphics.
> -Get called a noob several times.
> -Topic gets lockedĀ  by angry moderator who doesn't like my graphics.
> -Topic gets locked again by an overzealous moderator who comments on every single post.
> -I complain, topic gets locked.
> -I pm the angry moderator asking what I did, he claims I had said I didn't use eclipse.
> -After a few PMs, I convinced the mod to re-read it.
> -Topic gets unlocked, after two pages of turm-oil.
>
> Clearly the bureaucracy here has problems that need to be addressed, since my original post had nothing wrong with it.

That thread was a train wreck. Unfortunately I came to it too late it was already messed up, but the moderator before didn't do their job, and instead complained about the graphics. It was sad that you as the OP didn't do anything wrong (in fact your post was good for that board), but all the repliers messed the thread up. That thread is a perfect example of the problems the Recruitment Center board had. I'm sorry that you as a new member, with an interesting game, had to be the guinea pig.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Well if I would have the choice I would do away with either recruiting center or the need a job board.

It will be much easier for game owners to find what they need. I would delete this board and leave only the recruiting center becuase the only reason why I don't use the need a job? board.

1 Its most of the time total n0obs or people who think they are too awesome to volunteer and 2\. if one of the rare cases in which its a guy that doesn't suck and they are willing to volunteer they get taken as soon as they are posted :icon_crap: well but thats only me.

oh yea I also get mad when noobs try to recruit hereĀ  :rolleyes:

Well if I would have the choice I would do away with either recruiting center or the need a job board.

It will be much easier for game owners to find what they need. I would delete this board and leave only the recruiting center becuase the only reason why I don't use the need a job? board.

1 Its most of the time total n0obs or people who think they are too awesome to volunteer and 2\. if one of the rare cases in which its a guy that doesn't suck and they are willing to volunteer they get taken as soon as they are posted :icon_crap: well but thats only me.

oh yea I also get mad when noobs try to recruit hereĀ  :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...