Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RELEASE] SOURCED UPDATER

Warconn

just do it exactly like he sais client side means click in the source file of the client then inside click on the mod you need and paste or changed what he wrote it s not too complicated to understand just make sure to back up your source.Oh yea and make sure you actully downloaded the eclipse source and not the compiled one

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hi I have an idea
Someone found out a way how to display gif in VB6 without need of 'anigif.ocx', everything on code side.
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=758
I was thinking you could use it. And then the problem of jumping window will no more exist. I'm thinking now how could this be use in Engine itself. My dream is gif support for EE XD

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, please release the source for the updater =3\. I beleive that the unability to change the GIF lies in the source, and also, since my GIF isn't animated, I want to be able to use the updater without that annoying register. And also, I'm getting the crashes when I try to update too =S.

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE 7/31/09

FINALLY A FIX!!

Hey guys sorry for the lack of communication, but i had lost interest in vb6 for a while, between football, and work i just havent had time…

I am back however, and have just fixed up the updater as my first thing back.

I have fully redone the updater, taken away a few things, but overall, made it better.

First off, here are the changes:
Taken out the GUI
Taken out the GIF
Added a text box
Improved speed/performance
Added an icon to it

The installation of everything is the same, just replace the exe's

Here is the new one

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1461892/updater.exe

Unfortunately i am not giving out the source of the updater, sorry guys, but i worked hard on this one.

I will be posting screenshots later

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes
Warconn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I followed the tutorial to a T but yet when i click the button we had to add in the client it just says "Your download is abotu to begin blah blah blah" then i click ok and thats all it will do when i click on it disapears. No update screen pops up or nothin.

Any ideas??

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does this still work?

I put everyone in the soruces, hosted my file online, put the website that has the files in it in the Config file, and my Updates.ini looks like this

[UPDATES]
amount=2
1=ErtzelOnline.exe
2=complete

[PATHS]
1=\
2=

But when I run the updater it just says this..

The file ErtzelOnline.exe was not updated due to unknown occurences, please make sure you are connected to the internet…