Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Post

StingRay200

Here you have to post your very first post you ever posted. We can tell alot from your first post, whether your dedicated, lazy and many things.

Heres mine:
At the moment, I have TE_1.0 and I want to upgrade to EE without having to make all my items and maps all over again. Is there a way of doing this and how? Any form of information is appreciated.

Whats yours?

Yeah I had a few guest posts on the Green forums, but for this postcount:

> Yo im kinda new to eclipse and the whole scripting process… but im learning quite fast.
>
> Im wandering if anyone is able to help me get more then 100 maps... it seems a bit small and as a mapper, ive already filled up over 75 of my maps in a lil less then a week... And ive said to myself, that im not hosting the game until i have alot of maps... 100 isnt enough for 5 different races, and ?? amount of classes... so can i have a bit of help??
>
> If anyone wants to see my maps, ill be happy to show them =D
>
> ~Soljah

@[BS:

> §tingRay200 link=topic=39404.msg382950#msg382950 date=1235513565]
> We can tell alot from your first post, whether your dedicated, lazy and many things.

I think you are wrong with that statement…. I dont think anyone forsaw the queen of nonsense spawning from this post...

Is there a way to get get the item# or item name from an item that has been clicked to be used in another sub?

For example..

Sub scripteditem
case 1
if get item # = 1 then
  message you used a red potion
else if get item #  = 2 then
message you used a blue potion

case 2
  blah
end sub

I know this is no where near correct syntax, but the point gets across..
Basically I would like to use ifs in my scripted item sub instead of having to use a case for each item since they all will be using the same code.

@Anna:

> Might be easier for some paperdoll aspects, to allow or disallow a particular gender from wearing a certain item. So like Either, Male, Female. I think this would be good to customize each character's avatar a bit more. Either that or have seperate spritesheets for items depending on gender or class, etc.
>
> Edit: Oh, also how about an option for class exclusion? Instead of putting in the classes that can use the item, how about an option to set a class and have an "all but this/these classes" option?
>
> Sorry if either of these have functionality already I'm just getting into the program myself.  :oops:

My third post was answering someone's question (that post is trashed now).

@zombie0hour:

> link=topic=28254.msg244136#msg244136 date=1214059069]
> Hi am new, just downloaded eclipse evolution. I am here to basicly kill some time and make a neat little game. I most likely will not do any programming to the source becasue it will screw me up since i am learning perl at the momement. I just came from playerworlds, and holy good god! I was missing out this is a way bigger comunity, the engine is soo much better (ranged weapons WOOOHOO!!!). If you guys could give me any tips i would love that. Uggh i keep getting runtire error 399 even thou i installed the libary files, what gives i wanted to start making my game right now :(

Ha I was such a newb.

@Hippoman:

> Ive been looking everywhere for some sort of fix but i cant find it…How do i make a sever... i even checked youtube and a guy said i just click on eclipse.exe or sumthin in sever and a blu screen pops up but i dont get one... i get a werid rectangle with a bunch of #'s and words and pop ups and stuff.
>
> PLEASE HELP!

[[quote author=Kevin link=topic=32294.msg293882#msg293882 date=1223350922]
Well the bunch of #'s and words looks like you downloaded source, download the compile ver.

@Tyr:

> haha, vb6.0 is chinese to him :) anyhow, just download the compiled client & server and it should all work.
>
> good luck
>
> - Tyr

@Hippoman:

> well turns out i figured it out about 10 minutes later but i cant delete posts…and i forgot about it...but ya all i needed to do was turn it on, and turn on the client. lol ima so stupido

Lol amazing.
Also…kinda funny what happened is that i downloaded TE, because it said RECOMMENDED! *HINT HINT*