Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Config generator (just take a look)

kris_hole

if you have a game like kryce and you make an installer for people to download then some people often have hardware problems like the sound and such, or they may not be able to understand the settings bit in game, so heres a nifty little thing i made, it basically edits the config without you having to be in game, every part of it, if a config.ini isnt there it generates it.

![](http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u76/kris_hole/stuff.jpg)

@kris_hole:

> but some people (like myself) use an installer for people to download the game, and not everyone who plays games understands how the variables work, its not just eclipse people that can play eclipse games.

Yea, I do think this is a good idea.
I'd put it in my game, but mine isn't suppose to be user-friendly lol

@kris_hole:

> lol, want me to do one for retarded online that has the opposite effect? or it changes the wrong variables?

Naa… Actually, in RO, I changed it so the client doesn't even read most of those things (eg, you can't turn off the background music, the client just player it; it doesn't even look in the INI)

@kris_hole:

> but some people (like myself) use an installer for people to download the game, and not everyone who plays games understands how the variables work, its not just eclipse people that can play eclipse games.

Even if you are using an installer, shouldn't that replace the existing config.ini? (or remake if it isn't made) Also, If you don't understand how to edit a variable within an ini, changing a value from 0 to 1 and such, IS NOT HARD! If they don't understand they shouldn't be making a game. Anyways, Nice effort with the visual program, but try and find a better function :P
  -Tiggilyboo

@tiggilyboo:

> If they don't understand they shouldn't be making a game.

Thing is, this program isn't for the game makers, but for the game users.
People who download and install the game can screw up the config.ini if they try to edit it themselves.
And if the game is installed to the "Program Files" folder, and a shortcut is place in the start menu, he could have a shortcut to this in the startmenu with the game, instead of a shortcut to a config.ini. 

This program makes it more user-friendly for the end-user

thanks admiral, a good example of this is the nfact that not all of kryce onlines players are eclipsers, or people making a game with any engine or straight from scratch, all of my mods have never used eclipse before but they still do a good job at what they help me out with. theres a few people at my school that have downloaded the game too.

not really unless you wanted to add brief descriptions to all the options, but they really do that already by themselves…. but that might be an idea if you make a class editor...i wouldnt mind seeing that since the one thats out doesnt display ee 2.7 sprites correctly

i wish i could remember where the link for the class editor (the one thats already out) that way you would know what im talking about..i know its around here somewhere

vertical slideshow of Sprites.bmp ?? just throwing ideas out there ….i dont even know if that possible. lol  if its good i dont mind waiting on it :)

@[SB:

> Nubbs aka mR. FahREnhEIT link=topic=39972.msg392535#msg392535 date=1236583327]
> i wish i could remember where the link for the class editor (the one thats already out) that way you would know what im talking about..i know its around here somewhere

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38007.0
Reply#10