Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What makes WoW a good MMO?

tiggilyboo

I find that I play WoW for a period of about 2 months, then go play City of Heroes for a like amount of time. Both are good games, they just have completely opposite strong points. In the two months it takes me to get tired of one, I find the other one lots of fun again.
And there are a lot of whiny little douchebags on WoW, the trick is just to not deal with them. Just find a good guild and hang out with the people in there. Also, leaving Trade channel while in the big cities also helps.

@tiggilyboo:

> Wow, a lot of responces :D
>
> And now the next question: Would you rather raiding or PVP?

PvP no question…but PvP is what WoW falls flat on its face at. They tried with Wintergrasp but no modern game comes close to the PvP experiences offered by games like DAoC, AC, and UO.

lol, if you think WOW gfx are out dated play on ultra mode looks better than most modern games, then theres always simulated HD effetcs and SLI

put everything to max and macro
```
/console groundEffectDensity 256
/console groundEffectDist 200
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100
/console horizonfarclip 2112
/console farclip 999
/console characterAmbient

```this is how i play wow :)
tbh Raiding > all

i would say that the best part of wow is the PvE (raiding) all the diffrent boss encounters with diffrent tactics and team work that is involved,

personaly i just PvP when im bored and waiting for the raid

ps i play horde, Orc warrior  :P

Ganking the online funeral was just pathetic. if someone you know through the internet dies and your guild decides to give him an online funeral you shouldnt gank the funeral.
I dunno why i like wow been playing for 3 years or so. i guess the overal vibe

• 3 weeks later...
@Xeross:

> Ganking the online funeral was just pathetic. if someone you know through the internet dies and your guild decides to give him an online funeral you shouldnt gank the funeral.
> I dunno why i like wow been playing for 3 years or so. i guess the overal vibe

just dont host the funeral on a PVP contested zone its like building a circus in no mans land

but it was an awsome video
sick and twisted
but awsome

and for those that havnt seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

• 3 weeks later...