EO 4 game.

Edit your updates.ini to be like this

[Updates]

CurrentVersion=2

[Update1]

UpdateURL=PutYour1stUpdateUrlHere

[Update2]

UpdateURL=PutYour2ndUpdateUrlHere

Fill in the new link, save it and that is about it. Make sure you keep the first update in there though. They do update in order so you do not need to compile everything each time.

> EO 4 game.
>
>  
>
> Edit your updates.ini to be like this
>
>  
>
> [Updates]
>
> CurrentVersion=2
>
> [Update1]
>
> UpdateURL=PutYour1stUpdateUrlHere
>
> [Update2]
>
> UpdateURL=PutYour2ndUpdateUrlHere
>
>  
>
> Fill in the new link, save it and that is about it. Make sure you keep the first update in there though. They do update in order so you do not need to compile everything each time.

So that's the update.ini in the client folder….  and if I did this, then everyone else's client will update the same way?

> You need to modify the Update.ini file that your server uses (the one on a webhost) or it won't change a thing.

That's kind of what I thought, but now I'm confused.

Okay, so I followed JC's update tutorial (found here: [http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133589-how-to-setup-the-built-in-updater/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133589-how-to-setup-the-built-in-updater/) ) and successfully pushed out a small update, however yesterday I checked the updates folder on my server, and it's blank (and I don't see an "update.ini" there)….  so am I missing something here?

> On your webserver or gameserver? The gameserver doesn't download any of the data, it just forwards the URL of update.ini to the client.

ahaha no, that would be the game server I'm looking at on Filezilla  :rolleyes: 

~~I think I know what you're talking about now though, Stein, the "update.ini URL" line in the server options of the admin panel, right?  

If so, I have a question just to make sure I understand it properly - when I do a 2nd update through JC's tutorial, and I link it the same way as I did the first, will new players still get both updates even though the link is to the 2nd update?  (I hope that makes sense lol)~~

Never mind….  I get it now....  I went back through the tutorial and I understand how it works now lol.....  Sorry for the silly questions, my brain is slow, but it gets there eventually LOL