Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dwarf Fortress

Eviltyphoon

Killed carp… Did you use MAGMA!

Magma + Water = Obsidain + Manson = Obsidain Swords + Army = Many many Swordsdwarves! + Dead Carp and other fucking arsehole fish. With names.

Go into adventure mode, get yourself killed by different creatures on a map, they gain a name. When you go there in Dwarf Fort mode, they are still there :D

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing carp is easy. Killing them with magma, on the other hand… Easy when they invade your basement and you live beside a freakin' volcano. My new fortress is kinda gay cuz I can't seem to hit magma anywhere, and I've already gone down a ton of stories.

@ノ◊ㄅサкレ∆z:

> Killing carp is easy. Killing them with magma, on the other hand… Easy when they invade your basement and you live beside a freakin' volcano. My new fortress is kinda gay cuz I can't seem to hit magma anywhere, and I've already gone down a ton of stories.

Lol you shure there IS magma there?

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=43313.msg438616#msg438616 date=1241071340]
> Killed carp… Did you use MAGMA!
>
> Magma + Water = Obsidain + Manson = Obsidain Swords + Army = Many many Swordsdwarves! + Dead Carp and other ducking arsehole fish. With names.
>
> Go into adventure mode, get yourself killed by different creatures on a map, they gain a name. When you go there in Dwarf Fort mode, they are still there :D

winter came and the carp foroze. :P

@ノ◊ㄅサкレ∆z:

> That must have put you off DF for a while. Just remember, losing is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I didn't noticed what happened. I just suddenly lost, and I was like WTF?

@Hippoman:

> only part that sucks…is i dont know what it means when my dwarves flash a down arrow.

Three possibilities:
Red arrow: Unhappy dorfs (prepare for tantrums!)
Blue arrow: Thirsty dorf (Make some ducking booze)
Brown arrow: Hungry dorf (Make food)

I seriously hope its not the second or third, cause that would mean you don't understand the priorities.

On my new fortress I haven't had migrants for 4 seasons. It happens. It just gives you more time to prepare your fortress for them. My advice would be to make a lower level full of bedrooms for when they do arrive. And keep it away from your workplace so your dwarves don't get annoyed at the noise.

A good thing for newbs: In the Dwarf info file, add [NO_SLEEP] to it anywhere. It makes the dwarves never sleep. There is things such as: [NO_EAT] [NO_SLEEP] [NOFEAR] [NOEMOTIONS]. Yet they spoil the game.

A good one: [NOSMELLYROT]. Add that to any creature you want and it will never create the masia.

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=43313.msg439261#msg439261 date=1241190705]
> A good thing for newbs: In the Dwarf info file, add [NO_SLEEP] to it anywhere. It makes the dwarves never sleep. There is things such as: [NO_EAT] [NO_SLEEP] [NOFEAR] [NOEMOTIONS]. Yet they spoil the game.
>
> A good one: [NOSMELLYROT]. Add that to any creature you want and it will never create the masia.

Cheating is lame.