Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make a forum for ur game!!!

zacman

http://www.ownforum.net
This site allows you to make your own forum-even choose the coding! (pHPBB, ETC.)
REALLY good for those of you who don't want your players going here and making their own and abandoning yours, lol. :P

The site doesn't open.Forumotion is the best choice for a web-forum.However if you're using this kind of forum,you have no control over your forum,it's easily hackable,uses old versions and such.It's much better to get a host(or get one free),buy a domain(or get one free),install any forum script you like and have an actual forum.

dont ever use a free forums hoster they have adds and all that crap stuff sorry but my friend YOUR WRONG http://www.ownforum.net cant be good as hosting your own

@[NW:

> [SB] Sean link=topic=43592.msg438628#msg438628 date=1241076035]
> Best bet is to host your own :P

Hmm, they could host on my web hosting system.
Latest php, latest mysql, latest pma, php protection off, etc…
Only thing I block from my hosting is the mail system, and you could always use .tk, .co.cc or .co.nr to hide the url.

Comments,

I will have to agree with joar, you can select phpbb2,3 invision board and a few others.. has a load of customizeable options. but so far i see a let down is ability to edit the code and add mods and stuff to the forums.. about as close of a thing they have is modules or "gadgets" which add to the board like a active chat box etc..

personally you should think about getting your own host. my other site uses bluehost.com, very cheap and unlimited damn near everything (no hoax because ive read fine print tos policy on just this..) anyways bluehost with a domain name for 1 year is like 80-110$, its while using oc48 backbone. so its fast :D  good board software would be invision. if you want you can use its phpbb3, just not as good imho than invision power board.

• 2 weeks later...
ok NEVER EVER EVER USE FREE WEBS OR ANY WEBSITE CREATING SOFTWARE MAKE IT FROM PURE HTML CSS OR PHP OK DO NOT IT WILL MAKE YOUR GAME FAIL

You could just use a cms,learn a bit of php,make a nice,simple design for your game and mod your cms to your needs.Or don't mod it,just take a pre-made free design and customize it in css.

yeah but cms systems are good but in my mind they have stuff you need and stuff you dont and they can be hard to edit

there are LOADS of free forum websites out there, and lots of free forum software. If you want to be smart about it, get a host, host your own, if you aren't too sure and want something simpler, or like me want to be lazy, use a free one.
If it works, it works.