Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darksunlight Productions - Multi-Free Web Services [Last Updated:2010-07-27]

Zananok

@Zananok:

> link=topic=43711.msg471962#msg471962 date=1245063143]
> I'm taking your word for it, I just want to increase my security. Could you PM or post it (and post/PM how you did it, if possible)?
> Edit: You don't need to get the whole code, just the '.js' file links. I would greatly appreciate to know how it works, so I can try to find a way of fixing it.
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

You simply can't the only thing you can protect is your php code because it's server side.
The HTML/CSS/JS has to be readable by a browser to be displayed/executed so it will always be decodable into plain text. Don't worry about people stealing your javascript etc. As long as you got a copyright somewhere you could even sue them if you don't want them to use your stuff.

Regards, Xeross

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if they are friends, its not nice to ask them to remove (or sue them for that matter :P), so if its already 'un-readable', they won't do it. Well thanks anyway, still would appreciate a pm of the links though :P
–-
Made another update other than the one on 'Control Panel':
-Editing file on the server and web hosting.

Comments,

@Xeross - Yep.

Current projects on the list of priorities:
1->Make the 'server status checker' tool
2->Make the 'sever backup' / 'website backup'
3->Make the 'permissions' and stuff codes for 'team work'
4->FTP access for the 'web hosting'
5->Prepare for the opening of the **Alpha Test (Open)** of the 'Server Hosting'

Anything else anyone wants to add, just PM.

Comments,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but this server hosting supports:
-Eclipse server (All version / not tested: 3.0) + has a tutorial ('setup' takes just up to 5 minutes while reading the 'readme')
-Counter-Strike: Source Dedicated Server (tested) -> going to make a tutorial
-Ventrilo (tested) ->going to make a tutorial
-Garry's Mod (not tested yet)
–-->Any server should work if they run from a single 'exe', like Eclipse

Like I explained before many times:

This is a server hosting, where you have **full** control over your server and server files. You may turn it 'ON' or 'OFF' at will. You may also 'RESTART' your server. With the new feature I worked yesterday and finished today: you can create a 'simple' yet advanced page for your 'game' / 'server' where you may give a description/features/info + advertisement + you may 'enable/disable' a button on the top of the page where it allows people to 'request to join' your project (server/game/clan/etc). With this page, people can 'search' your server (both not registered and registered). This page does not require much coding, I made it to work as a 'pre-made' template. For people that also wants a 'website' for the game or something and to code 'PHP', the 'pre-made template' of the 'Server Hosting' does not support PHP.

Soon: you may trade 'ports' between other members with server hosting.
Soon ('permissions' mentioned on the priority list): the users that joins your 'group', you can give them permissions like:
->can turn on/off the server
->can give permission to edit 'only this file***' or group of files
->can give permission to edit all files 'except this file' or group of files

->Here is the first page and a 'sample' of what you can do with the first page (pre-made template): http://mbo.no-ip.info/serverhosting.php

Hope this helps clarify :)

Comments,

I may have coded something wrong, since I changed around 10% of all my codes, is your email correct that you presented? If so, I can activate as soon as you reply, I will check that code later tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience :)

Comments,

*Account Activated*
And again: sorry for any inconvenience :)

Just for the notes, but you may already know: you won't have access to upload your server yet til this Wednesday, because currently this is the 'Closed' Alpha, with few selected to test. ;) But all other hostings are available to you (oh and there is a small bug on the 'file hosting' that I should have fixed yesterday, but image hosting and web hosting are working perfectly.

Edit: I recommend for all users to click 'Control Panel' and change the 'minutes to stay on' to 20-30 mins, don't type '9999' if you often connects from public computers, you may forget to log out when you leave.

Comments,

Not exactly sure again what you mean, but each user may host up to 1 server. All the server (bit more than 5) currently now with all its config files and everything has the size of: 51,0 MB (53 489 664 bytes). ;)

Added new tool + updated first page.

Comments,

@Zananok:

> link=topic=43711.msg472144#msg472144 date=1245089388]
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but this server hosting supports:
> -Eclipse server (All version / not tested: 3.0) + has a tutorial ('setup' takes just up to 5 minutes while reading the 'readme')
> -Counter-Strike: Source Dedicated Server (tested) -> going to make a tutorial
> -Ventrilo (tested) ->going to make a tutorial
> -Garry's Mod (not tested yet)
> –-->Any server should work if they run from a single 'exe', like Eclipse
>
> Like I explained before many times:
>
> This is a server hosting, where you have **full** control over your server and server files. You may turn it 'ON' or 'OFF' at will. You may also 'RESTART' your server. With the new feature I worked yesterday and finished today: you can create a 'simple' yet advanced page for your 'game' / 'server' where you may give a description/features/info + advertisement + you may 'enable/disable' a button on the top of the page where it allows people to 'request to join' your project (server/game/clan/etc). With this page, people can 'search' your server (both not registered and registered). This page does not require much coding, I made it to work as a 'pre-made' template. For people that also wants a 'website' for the game or something and to code 'PHP', the 'pre-made template' of the 'Server Hosting' does not support PHP.
>
> Soon: you may trade 'ports' between other members with server hosting.
> Soon ('permissions' mentioned on the priority list): the users that joins your 'group', you can give them permissions like:
> ->can turn on/off the server
> ->can give permission to edit 'only this file***' or group of files
> ->can give permission to edit all files 'except this file' or group of files
>
> ->Here is the first page and a 'sample' of what you can do with the first page (pre-made template): http://mbo.no-ip.info/serverhosting.php
>
> Hope this helps clarify :)
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

Yep, and your website, and images instead of 'imageshack' (mine is better, or so I claim ;)) or you files (currently I have a bug on it, will fix it tomorrow) :P
Edit: But you won't have access til sometime in the afternoon when I'm finish with other major upgrades, when I officially release the **Alpha Test (_Open_)**

–>By the way, those who had access to the 'closed' PM me the ports you guys want to have, you may keep the one you already have if you want.

–-
Edit2:
--Added new feature of the zip extractor: you may choose the folder where you want to extract it to.
-->I will just finish the server/website 'backup' code than I will officially release the **Alpha Test (Open)** .
–------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Edit3:
**I FINALLY RELEASE ALPHA TEST OPEN!!!**
->Read the news on DP for more info about max spots.
->Updated all hostings news
->Updated many features
->Fixed many small + major bugs
->Updated 'readme' of the 'Server' hosting and placed a important warning there
->Updated top priorities list on the first post (maybe adding VB6 compilation to the server hosting -> Upload source and compile, but first will see how to handle EE3.0 source.)

–>Now I'm taking a break.....

Comments,

I already answered for you on a PM some time ago, but just to clarify to others reading:
->I 'verify' the server manually, so whenever I log on now, I will check all with 'pending' status. After I have 'verified', you may turn on/off at will. You get pending status every time you delete/upload a new server like for example: you made a new upgrade on the source or something.
->Recommendation: upload your server (.exe) as soon as possible to get 'clearance', to have permission as soon as possible. I will be adding a new 'status' ('Error') tomorrow, that will mean: 'Your server has an error', meaning or you didn't upload all files correctly to run the server or you did something wrong, I recommend you test the server before uploading.
–-------------
Edit: lol, massive registration of servers :P Might take some time to check them all, but no problem.. I think I can do it in 20 minutes...
---------------
Edit2: Added: Privacy Policy to all DP pages.
-->Updated first post Top priorities
-->Going to add soon: Tutorials for 'My Page'.

Comments,

@Zananok:

> link=topic=43711.msg465164#msg465164 date=1244231325]
> What you mean by cod2? :P
> Edit:
> You mean:'call of duty 2'?
> I believe so, I tried 'CS:S' (Counter-Strike: Source) Dedicated server and it worked ;)

Ye i meant Call of Duty 2… sweet :D
i registered, tell me when i'll be able to test it out :)

You may upload it now. Just few questions:
-Does it runs from a single '.exe'?
-And does it run directly from that '.exe', meaning, to start up the server you just need to '
double-click' the selected '.exe'?

And by '.exe' i mean the server.

Comments,

This is kida of 'off-topic', and  my registration at 'http://mbo.no-ip.info/' is more advanced, but anyway:
-Make a DB, tables
-registration form
-'receiver page'
–receiver will send the information from the form to the mysql

Requirements:
-Knowledge of:
-Basic html (forms)
-php:
--getitng information from the form
--cookie
--mysql controls
-mysql:
--create a db
--create a table
--insert entries
--------------------------------------------------------
Next time, please PM me instead of posting here ;) You could also search on google for it.
(this actually was going to be a tutorial on my web hosting).

Comments,

Ok I get an error whenever I try to change my time the website will keep me logged in for. I change the time from 0 to 30 and I get this error:

Error (cookie_min): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '='30' WHERE (Username = 'Bluesand')' at line 1

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
-Blue Sand

@Death:

> Ok I get an error whenever I try to change my time the website will keep me logged in for. I change the time from 0 to 30 and I get this error:
>
> Error (cookie_min): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '='30' WHERE (Username = 'Bluesand')' at line 1
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> -Blue Sand

Ops I must have coded something wrong after I made some updates, be back soon with the fix.

Comments,

*Fixed cookie, misspelled cookie -> to take action, you must log off then on again after you updated the cookie.
->Server: that's weird, your server is on…. I will take a look at it now, did this happen just today? Or was like that for some time?
---
Edit: fixed* I sued my port checker and it wasnt receiving connection than I turned off the server than on and it fixed.

This may happen again because it was actually the EE server online by not receiving connections. I'm going to report this bug, tomorrow to the guy building ee 2.8

How you can fix it manually: click 'restart' the server. Hope this helps ;)

Comments,