Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darksunlight Productions - Multi-Free Web Services [Last Updated:2010-07-27]

Zananok

@Blue:

> It was just sitting there when you tried to upload a file and wouldn't do anything when you hit the upload button but, it's working now.

Good to hear :).
Anything else just post here.

Edit: Sorry didn't post the updates and stuff, got sick this weekend, but I improved the file manager, added the 'download' file and etc…

Tomorrow I will add copy/move. I have a test and a class work that I need to send.

Edit2: From tomorrow I'm free (Thursday and Friday no school) + I'm just going to add 2 more things on the webhosting: copy/move and I will dedicate my time to the server hosting now. The server hosting is much easier then the webhosting and I'm nearly sure that I will be done the 'Alpha test closed' by next week or even on this weekend, I hadn't much time to post the updates and make other updates, because of the test and so... Well everything gets better by tomorrow.
Note: I got some problems on my php code so for now, every time you click to turn on/off the server, it takes 5 minutes to update. Hope this doesn't bother anyone.

Comments,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't finished the server hosting yet, but I'm soon finish.

Other updates:
-Added new features in the webhosting (and finishing the 'php tag translator' [maybe today] so it replaces all your php tags to the selected output)
-Image Hosting: Fixed all bugs and watermark works perfectly, I would say myself that its better then 'imageshack'
-Fixed a small bug on the file hosting.

Edit:
-Oh and updated 'phpMyAdmin' to the latest version.

Edit2:
-Added the 'php tag translator', fully working (no bugs, but I do recommend you backup before using it.

Edit3:
-Anyone has any suggestions for the server hosting?

Comments,

@[恋:

> YuraguKoto♥♥ link=topic=43711.msg461874#msg461874 date=1243856399]
> Keep up the good work =D
>
> I'll be waiting for the server hosting to finish!!!!

Thanks! I'm very excited with it too! Sorry didn't finish it last week nor on the weekend, I kinda of placed at my top of my list on Saturday, before than I wasn't very motivated on working on it + had alot of work. So 78% of the work was actually done between Saturday -> Monday…

Logs:
->Account Update -> added -> Tested
->ON/OFF code -> added -> Tested
->RESTART code -> half added -> Not Tested
->Server Name code -> added -> Tested
->Upload server / main config file (data.ini) -> added -> Not-Tested
->Actually test if the server turns ON/OFF(/RESTART) -> Tested the code separetly by especifing the location of the server, Not-Tested after I added the upload codes
->Other settings -> Nearly done.

I will be done now really soon. Could be even today. But I'm **99.9% sure** that I will be done before or on Sunday of this week.

You may register your server now: 'Just update the account with the latest updates'.

Note: I didn't have time before to write a 'Terms of Use', but now I wrote it. Its simple no more than this:
```
By using our service (as member or not), you here by accept these terms of this contract:

YOU WILL NOT:
1\. Use 'bad language' on any of our hostings
2\. Insult or 'hurt' both users and non-users
3\. Try to make other peoples experience decrease
4\. Report fake credits (even 'warez' are necessary to report the creators/hacker credits)
5\. Give fake information on the registration (You do not need to complete all informations just the requested ones)
6\. Upload or host 'virus' / 'trojan' / 'spyware' or any other harmful software (Host = link diretcly to a virus)

This rules may change at any time. We WILL report if it changes. All rules may apply after 5 days after its reported that had been changed. Unless its a critical rule.

Anyone who breaks any of these rules may get up to 3 warnings, after that, your WHOLE account will be deleted without futher warning.

WE DO NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THEN FOR YOU TO FOLLOW THE RULES. ANYTHING NOT MENTIONED ABOVE ARE ALLOWED.

```Point 2 and 3 are alike so we could call it a simple 5 rules contract. Made it just for security reasons… There for its very simple :P

----
----
Has anyone tested the thing to convert your website from ' '

Comments,

Edit: Scanned with Norton. (+ It scans my whole computer everyday).
–----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server hosting is NEARLY DONE (**ALPHA TEST [CLOSED]**)
Everything is working perfectly, only thing left is:
-code to upload your main server files
-code to upload your server's main config file
-code to see your server files (I will probably just use copy/paste and make some edits to the 'server hosting's file manager to save time)
-Try it out.

I also planned some cool stuffs to add for the alpha test (open). I already planned ~7 new cool things that aren't mentioned on the first post (want to keep as surprise :P)

Notes for the alpha test (closed) users:
-Registration of your spot is already 'ON'…
-By uploading your server, you:
-->can't use the 'GUI' of the server (all those buttons that are on control panel of the server and etc), so I recommend you make some small source edits of commands like '/refresh_scripts' text command so you can reload your 'main.txt' otherwise you will have to restart your server every time and if you like to keep logs, just make a simple sadscript to log the stuff you want.
-->You can't up0load another server and overwrite your first one (in case you make new source updates) ----> this limitation is going to be over soon, probably on the next day I release the closed alpha.
-->IT SUPPORTS ALL TYPES OF SERVERS (NOT JUST ECLIPSE) [with maybe just a few exceptions]

Oh and I quote:
@Zananok:

> Has anyone tested the thing to convert your website from ' '
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

Yep.
Here is a small quote from the first page (first page is outdated, recommend you to see at the red link, there is all the features at most updated)

> ->All on one single account and a single login (forum has an extra login [temporary])<-
>
> ->Not registered users may use the File hosting and the image hosting (but with less features)<-
>
> ->Soon: Upload your game and run it remotely, no need to keep your computer 24/7 nor wait until the administrator of the computer arrive to change your settings, all is web-based configured. (Server Hosting)<-
>
> ->Soon: your account also will have access to the forum<-
>
> Server Hosting (Not finished yet):
> Planned for ALPHA TEST (CLOSED) [When I'm done with the script]:
>
>     * 5 server slots -> You may get a random port from 4002-4007
>     * 'ON/OFF' function -> You may turn on/off your server at your own will
>     * Edit config (in case of eclipse: 'data.ini') -> You may edit the file at your own will
>     * Other config files -> *Maybe you will be able to edit them*
>     * Servers supported -> ECLIPSE ONLY (any version)
>     * Backup -> You may download your files back to your computer as backup

Note: Outdated, will update later, after I release the closed alpha of the server hosting.

Edit: Oh and I would recommend just uploading a 'clean' EE 2.7 just to try it out instead of uploading your whole main server to try it out, but I'm sure that all of you will like it when I'm done with the open alpha. :)

Comments,

-added the 'creation file/folder' code and the multi-upload (restriction: can't upload .exe), the main server upload is a different type of upload.
-Added the server's 'file manager' (at least most of it, just missing to edit a file to load some extra config) -> You may also upload and extract .zip
-I did not add the code for to upload your main server's config file, didn't want to waste time on it, I will do that later so for now just upload like any other file.

I will probably be finish tomorrow, I will also try it out tomorrow.
You guys do know that you already can register for your spot, right?

Hope this get sticky :P

Comments,

This closed alpha is only going to host 5 server to try it out and clean up for bugs.
To register your spot, you should be registered then click on the latest 'update' for the account.

Those who register will have a 'green' registered beside of their name on this page:
http://mbo.no-ip.info/?page=serverhosting.php

The top five registered (counting from top to bottom, using the registration date as preference) will be on the closed alpha.

Comments,

What do you mean by get logged out? Are you registered? :P
http://mbo.no-ip.info/?page=register.php
–--
Server Hosting: DONE (finally…)
Note: I coded to make 10 minutes delay between each action you do for the server (ON/OFF), I will change to instantaneously on the open alpha or bit later.
->I will try out the server features now directly than I'm going to add the 'restart' than test again.
->There are many ways of bugging up the server, thats what is on my top priority list to fix when I release this tomorrow so you don't accidentally bug up your server, but this is easy to fix so for now I'm just mainly checking if the server turns on/off.
->After I release tomorrow and fix the bugs I will start adding the features that I posted on the first page for the alpha test (open)

Comments,

Err.. sorry I actually made the code correct just forgot to update the code appearing on my website :P

@Zultar:

> every time i click on a link i get logged out and does this mean i cant host mine for alpha so it is Closed?

This explains.*Fixed
–---------------------------------------
I SUCCESSFULLY TURNED ON AND OFF THE SERVER!
*Changed the poll*
Note: later you will can toggle between those whenever you want. That's just for now.

Well now all cmds regarding the server works perfectly. + There is now way of bugging it up :D
–----------
I forgot to un-protect the website, sorry that you  people couldn't register :P
Well I will give the dead line to register for tomorrow (06.06.09) and release on Sunday (07.06.09).

Comments,

What you mean by cod2? :P
Edit:
You mean:'call of duty 2'?
I believe so, I tried 'CS:S' (Counter-Strike: Source) Dedicated server and it worked ;)
–-
Edit2:
Fixed: 'Forgot password?', I made the code long time ago, but just tested out today and there was 1 error. Well all fixed now.
Oh and I changed from 10 minutes to 5 minutes (per server action (ON/OFF/RESTART) I will change to automatic later, probably after I release Alpha Test Open.

Edit3:
Added the 'Terms of Service' at the end of the page*

Edit4:
Anyone registering now for the server hosting aren't going to be on the closed alpha. But llike I mentioned before, I'm just going to host max. 20 servers (maybe I will increase that later after I check my ram when running 20 servers), so its better to register now for your spot to make sure you will have it. All already registered are safe for the Alpha test open.

Users who already registered for the alpha test closed there is also a chance they will miss their position since priority is of 'Registration Date', those who registered first has the advantage.

Here is the current 5 players on the top of the list of registered (this may still change by tomorrow)
Current top 5 players:
-Xxarchangelxx
-Joar1
-Bluesand
-Tipsta
-Arkevyn

Comments,

lol :P
You aren't required to complete that 'textbox' ;)
–------
**Alpha Test (Closed)** officially starts now!
-Xxarchangelxx
-Joar1
-Bluesand
-Tipsta
-Arkevyn

has now access to the 'Server Hosting'. Please read the 'readme' for better understanding on how to start up your server. To access the server hosting, just log in and select 'server hosting' (if you aren't logged nor you are one of the selected ones, you will see registered and non-registereds for the Alpha Test [Open]).

Please report any bugs.

_**Got solid confirmation that my server hosting works**_ :)

Edit: Ops coded a error while I was fixing a bug :P, well fixed now.
--
Edit2: Adding 1 extra spot, who wants it register now
http://mbo.no-ip.info/?page=register.php

Comments,

@Tipsta - Thanks, for trying it out :)

Users uploading their server: Please upload the whole server, not just some files and expect it to create the files (even if its empty), because while it creates the folders, it runs an error, and if it creates an error, you can't 'shut down' the server, and you wil  have to wait til I 'shut down' the server manually. So I recommend test the server if it works on your computer before uploading, and when uploading, uploading the whole folder (even if some of the files are empty). And read the **'readme'**.

Next users who register are going to join only on the **Alpha Test (Open)**

Edit3: Updated all features on the the '[Services](http://mbo.no-ip.info/?page=services.php)', yesterday. Look at this page instead of the first post*

Edit4: My computer is handling very well many servers + I will remove something from my computer today that causes a bit of lag, so the servers should work better after this.
~~**Note**: Please 'turn off' your server in about 4 hours and 30 minutes after this post has been modified. I will update this if I re-modify this post. The website will be down for around 1-2 hours so I can remove the piece of my computer.~~

Edit5: ~~**Never mind about my last edit, I just heard there will be a big storm tonight, with lightning, so I will turn off everything. You don't have to 'turn off' your servers, I will turn them off manually when it starts, if in case it doesn't start, everything will continue running as it is.So, maybe all "Darksunlight Productions'" services are going to be down tonight**~~

I will also fix a  big flaw on the 'server hosting' today.

Edit6: I will put a ~~stripe~~ over all the server hosting features I have completed til now on the first page and and a '+' to the improvements I have done. And if you have any suggestions, don't be shy, just post.

Edit7: Great news, the storm passed by a near town, but not mine so everything stays as it is.

Comments,

1- Upload your server and server files (read the 'readme' that explains how to do it with 6 simple steps)
2- Go to the servers menu and click the 'option' to turn on server, then click 'submit'. (Currently on this alpha test [closed], it updates your 'actions' of turning 'ON' or 'OFF' or 'RESTARTING' the server every 5 minutes. When I'm done with the closed alpha, I will make it to run it as soon as you submit.)
3- Everything is running like it should.

Works for any type of server and I keep making updates/upgrades everyday. All the features of the server hosting are on first post with a '~~stripe~~' over, all that doesn't have, aren't finished yet. Other hostings features are on the 'services' page mentioned on my last post.

Edit:
Note: the server is currently 'offline' because on the end i had to turn it off anyway and didnt have time to post about it.

Edit2: Bugged up the 'file hosting' too.. I will fix when I come home and turn on everything.

Comments,