Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darksunlight Productions - Multi-Free Web Services [Last Updated:2010-07-27]

Zananok

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried since I came from school to fix the old editor, then I gave up and worked for 30 mins on a new editor. And in my opinion, it's better then the last one, since you have the whole screen to edit your file. Only downside is that you have to write the dir you want to get the file from… Not much of a job if you ask me ;)

@[恋:

> YuraguKoto♥♥ link=topic=43711.msg441941#msg441941 date=1241442925]
> If I do get a server spot, how long will that server be hosted on your comp?
>
> Forever x3?

Yep, unless you want to give up your spot :icon_surprised:

Well, I will start posting on the first page the improvements I will make and upgrades.
+ More info on the server hosting system.

Comments,

you should keep php in safe mode and make a different user for every person you host. else it's very easy to hijack someone elses website/forum. and without safe mode possibly the whole server.

Regards, Xeross

@Xeross:

> you should keep php in safe mode else it's very easy to hijack someone elses website/forum. and without safe mode possibly the whole server.

I thought of that, there for I have a file on every single folder to gives access to my IP only + I'm making protections against '..' and '.'. But if I can't do it, I will follow your tip, thanks :).
@Xeross:

> and make a different user for every person you host

Every person that register gets their own user. For their private area and for their mysql connection.
The folder where every bodies files are, are secured, even I can't access it by using browser :P
And by coding is just by using the '..' that soon will be protected against it, either by finding a fp function or using safety on, like you mentioned.

*Updated first post*.

Edit:
Currently now, the only way of hacking images on the 'image hosting' is by using print screen that I will fix after I'm finish with the server hosting, so I was wondering if someone could try for testing purpose to hack this image without print screen?
Here is the code: **1241453670-retard.jpg**
[Just go here](http://mbo.no-ip.info/?page=imagehosting.php&sub_page=upload.view.php) and tipe the code.

Comments,

I don't think you can protect against going up from the user's home dir. except using php.ini values in your vhosts to lock them.

And with a user i mean a linux user using useradd.
I'm also using mod_ruid to make everyone's files inaccessible by others.

Regards, Xeross

@Xeross:

> I don't think you can protect against going up from the user's home dir. except using php.ini values in your vhosts to lock them.
>
> And with a user i mean a linux user using useradd.
> I'm also using mod_ruid to make everyone's files inaccessible by others.
>
> Regards, Xeross

Yeah, thats what I'm trying to do, I remember I read something about choosing the path and restricting '..' to run a certain function, but only in php safety 'ON', so I was going to try to find a function where it chooses the path and protects against '..' without safety on. Well, probably I won't find so I will probably turn it on.

'useradd' - I thought that the php functions of linux doesn't work if the host's computer is using 'windows', doesn't matter if the user (not host) have linux or not.

By the way, I greatly appreciate your feedback :)

Comments,

I was assuming you have a linux box with apache etc installed.
useradd is a linux function but to let php access it you have to disable safe_mode. you can disable safe mode for certain dirs only though

Regards, Xeross

Oh sorry, I actually made some small updates yesterday, but the thing that was showing was a program I installed yesterday, it stole the port 80 and I didn't noticed it till now. But fixed now, sorry.

Comments,

*Double Post*
I just made some upgrades on the image hosting, will post it later<- (Note: watermark is just for testing, you may use it but it won't make much of a difference. -> I'm planning on using alpha blending on a 45 degrees loop using the entered word/phrase that you have entered).

I'm going to make now a .zip extraction script and improve the page editor. (Its faster to make a .zip extractor then a ftp connection script, so you can upload your phpbb zip file)

Edit:
.Zip extraction now is operational.
.Rar -> under bug testing

Comments,

1\. Upload your '.zip'
2\. Enter the folder where it is (i.e. uploaded on folder test -> folder text box='test/' –> Required the '/' at the end)
3\. Enter the file name (no need for the ending extension)
4\. Choose the extension (.zip)
5\. Click 'extract file'

--> Sorry for continues errors, when trying to access the site, tried some configurations where requires to restart the server.

Edit: Never mind... I will try to fix the '.rar' later, so in the mid time don't choose '.rar' or it will give a 500 error.
I will work on the server hosting now.

Edit2: Forgot to mention about the extraction -> It extracts to the folder where is your .zip file
Oh and I found a coding way of keeping the 'php safe mode off' without any way of disturbance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit3: lol! Hope no one had problem with uploads, because I forgot to change the default max. size upload from the 'php.ini'
Well, fixed now.

I have experienced problems with the 'multi-upload' that is on the corner of the file manager, I will fix it soon.

Comments,

Do you stil have free spots for servers? I have been looking all around for server hosting and could not find any. lol and what do you know it is right under my nose. lol Will prob move my site hosting to you as well i already have the domain name all i need is game server hosting ant more is a plus..

We currently have 7 users (without me), since this is a starting project.
Not sure if there are spaces for the 'Alpha Test (Closed)', since I don't know who wants and who don't. When I arrive home I will make a link with the names of the users who registered by date and time. If they click their name, they reserve they spot, else its open, the top five on the list has priority.

–>For 'Alpha Test (Open)', yep there is still spaces. If everybody on that are registered + you wants a spot, there is still 12 spots.

Edit: I meant from the top to bottom on the list is the priorities.*
Edi2: Oh and thanks for considering my host :) I'm constantly online and I make many updates/upgrades daily (except on test days, etc..). Currently I'm going to upgrade the 'multi-uploader' then I'm going to continue working on the server hosting. Yesterday I tryed out with one server and it worked. To make available for many servers is just a simple task.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit3: I'm preparing a 'account update'. When I'm done, you will be able to save your server space. You can already see your position on the 'Server Hosting' page. When I'm done with the account update, you will see a link over your name.

I'm now going to fix the 'multi-file uploader' then I will take a break then I will make the account update.
**Note**: This doesn't mean you already can host your server, this just means you have secured your spot. The end of this 'saving spot' will be when I'm done with it for the 'Alpha Test (Closed)'.

Edit4: I think I found why its not uploading very big files or many small files, will fix it when I come home.
I will also add the account update when I come home.

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit5: The 'multi-uploader' is fixed: I tested by uploading 7 files with 5mb each. Just watch out, haven't added the code to read the settings of the 'backup on upload' that you can adjust on 'Control Panel'. Soon I will add more customize settings to set.

Comments,

@Blue:

> There's an error when you try to update your account to reserve your server spot on the site. When you hit check for update and hit check for updates you get an error that says the website is under maintenance.

Haven't made the account update yet, will make it today.
Thats another account update, that I changed some settings, thanks for the feedback about it, forgot to check if it was working after I changed some settings.

->When I come home, I will fix the first account update then add the new one (the one for the server).
–>After that I will continue working on the new file manager (much better then the old one).
--->Then I will work on the server hosting, yesterday I got a great idea on how to make the system of starting/stopping the server much better then hte one I had in mind before.

Edit:
----> Added a poll about the php tags on this topic.
Edit2:
-----> Fixed Forum Update
Edit3:
–---->Sorry didn't add the other account update yet, my father asked me to help on hte garage. Will do it today.
Edit4:
------->Bug on the new file manager, will fix tomorrow morning. (You still can use it just can create files/folders or any other bug that I haven't found yet)
Edit5: I mean "can't create files..."

Comments,

*BUMP*
->The new File Manager is now operation with no bugs, the only untested feature of the File Manager is the '.zip' extractor that I'm planning to 'emb' with the file manager today and to 'download' your file.
–>The 'File Manager' configuration isn't going to affect anything at the moment, I will try to do it for today the configuration to affect the new File manager (when I change, I will also add new functions).
Edit:
–->I can see that there is at least 1 person who wants ''. I will also try to add today a 'converter' to both ways.
Edit2:
---->I also added a security alert in case you are deleting files... While I was testing out I could see it deleted instantly, so I knew someone could end up deleting everything on a single click.
Edit3: The new settings I will be adding on the 'control panel' are these:
->Default 'extension' (to create a file)
->Default 'folder' (where your files are, sometimes people like to add their website on another folder)
->Quick 'edit' (click to edit your most editable file)
->Quick 'jump' (click to go to your favorite folder)
->Connect the other settings with this file manager since I re-made from scratch for
to add/emb new features.

Any ideas, just share them.
>I will be updating the logs on the forum again (I don't mind if anyone doesn't see, just like to keep my logs) and also the 'features'. The first post features aren't the most updated, its here --> http://mbo.no-ip.info/?page=services.php (Note: haven't updated yet with the latest)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
-'Embbed' file 'extractor' for '.zip' on the file manager (not tested) –> To extract, click on the icon of the 'compressed' (the one at the most left)
--Disabled 'control panel', adding later with a better, more organized way of dealing with stuffs
–-Other extra things that you will be able to change: default sort (name/date/type/etc), '.zip' extraction folder (same folder as the file/make a folder with the same name as the '.zip' file and put it there
---->For people who don't know where is the 'folder' textbox, there isn't one, both creating file/folders and uploading, will all happen on the current folder you are at.

Edit2:
–--->'.zip' extractor, fixed and tested.

Comments,

Hmm, how it happens the error? Like, after you enter how many files, etc..

Also, how many are you uploading at same time and the file size?

Edit: Updated the file manager again and added small little features + Enabled: File Manager Settings (only one is currently operational, but you can save your settings already so when its done, all its ready).

@Blue Sand - Hmm, tried yesterday and today and I had no problems, I quote my questions*

Comments,

@Zananok:

> Hmm, how it happens the error? Like, after you enter how many files, etc..
>
> Also, how many are you uploading at same time and the file size?
>
> Edit: Updated the file manager again and added small little features + Enabled: File Manager Settings (only one is currently operational, but you can save your settings already so when its done, all its ready).
>
> @Blue Sand - Hmm, tried yesterday and today and I had no problems, I quote my questions*
>
> Comments,
> From: Zananok

It was just sitting there when you tried to upload a file and wouldn't do anything when you hit the upload button but, it's working now.