Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Noob question, soz guys, rlly need help

zarok01

Sorry guys, i really wanna know how to distrubute my game throughout the internet so my m8s can try it, i dunno how to do this… i sent my friend the client but when he tried it it just showed errors.does the server have to be running on his computer as well? or is it that i had to change the ipconfig, if so what to???? plz dont tell me i have to pord forward cos i hav no idea what it is or what it does, i tried using no-ip but i dont even know what it does... it just seems the same, its probarbly not even the right program... plz guys i really need help!!! :icon_crap:

You remember you installed the Run-Time files on your computer right?
They need to be installed on your friends computer too. The server has to be on your computer and he has to connect to your computer knowing your IP.

Look up a tutorial. "Getting started" or something like that (forum search that!).

Heres an excerpt  from my Tutorial site…..

> Hosting Info
>
> Once you’ve downloaded the Client/Server and gotten a few maps made, here are some things you ought to know about hosting your game.
>
> Cable Modem – this is like 300 times faster than dial up and is far better when you host your game. The IP number might change a few times a year due to power interruptions, hurricanes, etc…so keep an eye on your IP  number. I got Cable Modem ( Bright House Cable) and it costs me $45 dollars a month, which is worth it because my family can use the phone when I’m online, and my browsing and download is way  faster. I personally spoke with a Bright House representative and she told me its ok to host a game using their Cable Modem service on my comp, and there’s no bandwidth limit. Also I can now confirm that there was no “surcharge” on my bill for hosting.
>
> IP Address – this is a number which always must be correct for people to log onto your game. Think of it as your computers “phone number” that other computers have to call to communicate with your computer!  The Player (and yourself) must have this number put into the  “IP Config”  in order to be able to log onto it. A good way to find out what your IP Number is , is to go to................ IP Chicken
>
> It is also possible to use a service to adjust your games Client every time your IP changes so that people never have to manually change the IP Address, for detailed info see the page on “Extra Files/Add Ons” under “No IP service”
>
> PORT – This is located within your computer, it designates the exact route that incoming players will be using to get into your game that your hosting. I have heard that there are thousands of “Ports” available to choose from. However, I myself have successfully used the following Ports -  7234,  4000,  4001, 4040,  4060.  This Port number in placed in the proper box in your IP Config setting of your Client.  It becomes especially important when you are “hosting” more than one game, because you will want to use different “Ports” for each different game.
>
> RAM – your computers Memory is important in making a game that won’t lag. My original RAM (Random Access Memory) was 356 MB  and it lagged when “Saving All Players”  I checked out my memory usage when this happened and noticed that the memory was maxed out at 100%. So its best to have a comp (or get your comp upgraded) to 1 Gigabyte RAM, 2 Gigabyte RAM if possible
>
> Promoting your Game – Once your all set with everything here is what you can do to get people to play it. Firstly email your Gaming Friends and send them a link to it, or your Games website. Secondly post a link on Eclipse Forums to let others know you have a game. Thirdly use a gaming website that advertises Free Games. Here are a few……………..
>
> MMORPG ONLINE 100 chart 
>
> MMORPG & MPOG top 100 - Results: 100 MMORPG, Multiplayer, Online, Gaming, communities, free server
>
> MMORPG Nation
>
> Client Distribution Overview– This is the other “half” of your game. You host the game by running your server, other people will “download” the Client then run it ( having the correct IP Address in it) and “log onto” and play your game. The way to make a game and then distribute it to people can be described in these steps..........
>
> 1.      Run your Server, then Run your Client
>
> 2.      Make yourself the Admin,
>
> 3.      Make a number of maps, monsters, and items so as to make the game interesting.
>
> 4.      Zip your Client so as to make it smaller and easier to upload/download
>
> 5.      Upload it to an “Upload/Download” service so that it will be possible for people to download it
>
> 6.      Email/Post/or Advertise  the web address so that people know the place to download the game Client
>
> Client Distribution (detailed info) – here are some detailed instructions about this game making, Client Uploading, Game hosting idea that make help you to get it done....
>
> 1.      Go to IP Chicken and gets your IP Address
>
> 2.      Opens up your Client and go to IP Config, puts in the number that IP Chicken says is your IP number
>
> 3.      When your game is ready for people to play, you’re going to have to do one real quick step. You need to go to the settings.ini file in your Client folder, and find the lines that say:LastAccount=LastPassword=And make sure they are blank. You don’t want everyone to be able to login to your account and destroy all the maps! 
>
> 4.      Then right click on the Client and  "Zip"  the Client file and posts the zipped Client file on a Web site, or a service like Mega Upload or Tripod so people can download the file) He also must post this link or email it to some ppl, or post it on a Forum.
>
> 5.      Preferred place to Upload your Client for others to Download from is Your own Personal Website!!
>
> 6.      But if you can’t afford one here are my recommendations for a place to make your games Client available for download.................
>
> Putfile
>
> Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
>
> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service