Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who started eclipse?

pRoX

@Mellowz:

> HM's version is just a port to another language.

Ehm no, It's not a port it has tons of new features and everything is rewritten from scratch, if it was a port he would've rewritten as little as possible.

@Xeross:

> Ehm no, It's not a port it has tons of new features and everything is rewritten from scratch, if it was a port he would've rewritten as little as possible.

If everything was written from scratch, then why would he start by using an eclipse base? If he want to make this engine truely amazing, he would have recoded everything to work perfectly with java. I imagine he converted so much until it was claimed his by the amount of code changed. :icon_music:

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> If everything was written from scratch, then why would he start by using an eclipse base? If he want to make this engine truely amazing, he would have recoded everything to work perfectly with java. I imagine he converted so much until it was claimed his by the amount of code changed. :icon_music:

This community is based around Visual Basic 6 and Eclipse. The developers don't program in Java and (in my opinion) it's a waste of time to work on something that only one person will be focusing on.

The reason why I stopped working on Eclipse was because when I bought my new computer I couldn't get dx8vb.dll to register properly (since it's 64 bit). However, I got it working now, and I have been working on DirectX 8 for the Visual Basic version.

If you were going to keep working on Eclipse, would you have kept it in vb6 and transferred it to DX8?
@Mellowz:

> This community is based around Visual Basic 6 and Eclipse. The developers don't program in Java and (in my opinion) it's a waste of time to work on something that only one person will be focusing on.
>
> The reason why I stopped working on Eclipse was because when I bought my new computer I couldn't get dx8vb.dll to register properly (since it's 64 bit). However, I got it working now.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> If you were going to keep working on Eclipse, would you have kept it in vb6 and transferred it to DX8?

Read the previous post, I edited it as you wrote that. 8)

Once Marsh gets back from Germany (or where ever he is) things will be getting back on track.

@Xeross:

> Ehm no, It's not a port it has tons of new features and everything is rewritten from scratch, if it was a port he would've rewritten as little as possible.

I misread your post. It's re-written, but I don't know if it's following how Mirage does things. What I meant was, it's 3.0 in Java, but not the official version.

@Mellowz:

> I misread your post. It's re-written, but I don't know if it's following how Mirage does things. What I meant was, it's 3.0 in Java, but not the official version.

its NOT the official version?
wtf

@V-Rage:

> its NOT the official version?
> wtf

Development stopped on VB6 a while a go waiting for HM to finish the GFX code for DirectX. I got tired of waiting and went off and did my own thing (went back to my FPS team) after I bought my new computer.

Right now, things are moving again though in the VB6 version.

@Mellowz:

> Development stopped on VB6 a while a go waiting for HM to finish the GFX code for DirectX. I got tired of waiting and went off and did my own thing (went back to my FPS team) after I bought my new computer.
>
> Right now, things are moving again though in the VB6 version.

i see, and how far is the progress on that?

@Mellowz:

> HM's version is just a port to another language.

not so. Its 100% rewritten. Ive reused 0% code.
@V-Rage:

> its NOT the official version?
> wtf

To state the truth, there IS no official successor to EE2.7 at the moment. There are a total of 3 builds in progress to take over; Mellowz, Unnowns, and mine. Time will decide which one becomes the official build.