Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alatar:
Actually, I just realized you sent me PV (Eclipse Evolution Version). A bit too _old_fag for me, haha. I was actually looking for the version of PVO with the dynamic animation system in it (as seen in this [video](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF2pn9RMnGs)).

@Alatar:
It's all good, bro! :)

**[Update]**
PVO 1.1.0 is officially out!

(The download link is on the website, under the _Engine_ page)

I've tried my best to test as many awkward situations as possible to spot as many bugs as I could. I managed. You guys (the community) will do a much better job at bug finding. Good luck.

As promised:

* Parallax backgrounds
* Dynamic player animations

@santa-clause:

> Btw the forum of your engine website isn't working.

I'm aware of this.

@santa-clause:

> Also the background thing isnt working that good sometimes i see a background and sometimes i don't say how to fix this or fix it in your next release.

What? You're going to at least give me something more to work with. I have no idea what kind of situation you're running into when the background flickers.

@santa-clause:

> Ok i just tested it some maps has the background and some don't even if i change it so idk how to fix this.
> I can't add any screenshots cause i just can't see a background on some maps

Have you added them to those maps? Maps don't have backgrounds by default. As an admin, you need to edit the map, and under _layers_ select **background** (one beneath **ground**). By clicking on the map, you place the background file selected.

@gooby:

> You can still drop items when jumping. So they float. (in the air)

Noted. Thank you.

@Jumbofile:

> Ok this happens after spamming the jump button. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szk_hWUsNK4&feature=youtu.be animations stop when you see the ring im hitting ctrl

That means the standing animation isn't playing, so the animation sequence doesn't transition to it, only allowing for the last action's animation to occur. The question is: how did you get to that point exactly? What was it you spammed to prevent the standing animation from initiating?

@MrMiguu:

> The question is: how did you get to that point exactly? What was it you spammed to prevent the standing animation from initiating?

Seriously? It's not ducking hard to do what he did in the video. I logged on for 1 minute to fool around, jumped twice, and it got stuck like that. If you're going to release something, at least test it for 2 minutes.

[Warned]

@MrMiguu:

> That means the standing animation isn't playing, so the animation sequence doesn't transition to it, only allowing for the last action's animation to occur. The question is: how did you get to that point exactly? What was it you spammed to prevent the standing animation from initiating?

I pressed up arrow a couple times then up and right and i started to spin.

@gooby:
@MrMiguu:

> I've tried my best to test as many awkward situations as possible to spot as many bugs as I could.

I missed one. Cool it.

@Jumbofile:

> I pressed up arrow a couple times then up and right and i started to spin.

Are you by any chance running the game from the compiled EXEs? How about the source directly? Are you connected via WAN or are you just testing quickly through LAN?

**Edit:**
I figured out what's happening to you guys. If you're port-forwarding your client properly through WAN, the packet doesn't seem to send to the server to let it know if the player should be in the state of _standing_. Thanks for the reports, guys!

**Edit 2:**
This is frustrating. I can't consistently replicate the situation to where he spins consistently. I do know three things: I can only seem to do it via WAN (maybe lag?),  when I'm stuck like that I can't attack monsters (my character is flat-out bugged when it happens?), and it's irreversible once you're in that state.

**Edit 3:**
The reason you guys are probably getting this glitch so quickly into gameplay is because you guys have a poorer connection than I do (more lag can cause desync). It seems like the animation glitch is reversible if you refresh your location. If you see another player who's logged on and is stuck in this glitch, their character doesn't move on your screen. They can't attack monsters on their screen because their character isn't actually next to the monster.

**Post your guys' FPS rates when running PVO.**

Mr.Miguu: Hey Mr.Miguu i want to ask you how you add the background system? I Just dont use the Version 1.1.0 because i dont like the Player animation system ijust need the background system, So if you dont mind Just PM me For the download link or Give me the Tutorial and i will Do it.

Please,This is for my Game…!!! **):**

@Jumbofile:

> Ok this happens after spamming the jump button. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szk_hWUsNK4&feature=youtu.be animations stop when you see the ring im hitting ctrl

here I just press the "Map" in the admin panel, then I press "send" and it does not happen again,
But the first time I tried it did happen like that

@narut0no:
I just added a new variable to the map data. When it stores the map data, I make sure it stores the number of the background file (**12**.bmp, for example). I did a map editor form modification to show the background image where the tilesets display. It works in a similar fashion. You could implement your own crude method of assigning maps their own background. I just did it the fancy way because I have to (to appeal easily to PVO users).

Just note: the current dynamic animation system supports the same simple frames that the old system did. Just have one standing frame, four walking frames, the same four running frames, one attacking frame, one jumping frame, and one falling frame.

@farrel24:
What do you mean? The newer ones that work with the new version of PVO 1.1.0? Well I made some basic ones to test out the new features, but you're going to have to, *gulp*, make your own. Being in an entirely original format, the odds of finding a site with tons of resources formatted for the new version of PVO is **extremely unlikely**. Especially considering how obscure and unpopular the engine itself is.

@santa-clause:

> Mrmiguu i whas thinking why dont you add somethin like a ladder atribute cause that is really missing.

Because I want to keep the features as simple as possible. Everything included right now will most likely be in the absolutely final version. I just need help squashing all these buggers!

@farrel24:
Haha, you can do whatever you want, dude. Go for it. Download it and use the template, or whatever.

@Sr_Sirius:
I can't give you guys a date because I can't predict when I'm going to figure out the bug. If you guys could try all sorts of different ways of replicating it, that would help me on figuring out how and when it occurs. I want to release it as soon as possible.