Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I make my client full screen?

poke1103

you can make it full screen by making the picscreen bigger through source edit, if you look under source edits it allows you to make a 800x608 picscreen and have it display properly, if you play with the code you could make it bigger. you can enable two options, full screen and miniscreen all under one client.exe but the thing you would be required to do is to:

1) if you change for full screen you would have to make another code to allow for small screen… or allow a universal code to preselect on a few given factors.

2) two code blocks, one for full one for window, so you would have two of pretty much everything that you modded in code for the fullscreen to allow window mode... and would have to make a new frmMirage and may end up having to copy everything in the other frmMirage...

but yes it is possible if you are good with source editing and vb6... I would personally would go with #1, find a way to make it universal so you can call it through a button to switch things over to window mode if needed...

@Gunghoâ„¢:

> you can make it full screen by making the picscreen bigger through source edit, if you look under source edits it allows you to make a 800x608 picscreen and have it display properly, if you play with the code you could make it bigger. you can enable two options, full screen and miniscreen all under one client.exe but the thing you would be required to do is to:
>
> 1) if you change for full screen you would have to make another code to allow for small screen… or allow a universal code to preselect on a few given factors.
>
> 2) two code blocks, one for full one for window, so you would have two of pretty much everything that you modded in code for the fullscreen to allow window mode... and would have to make a new frmMirage and may end up having to copy everything in the other frmMirage...
>
> but yes it is possible if you are good with source editing and vb6... I would personally would go with #1, find a way to make it universal so you can call it through a button to switch things over to window mode if needed...

That's not what he means. He wants to know how to change the screen resolution to make it fullscreen, not increase the size of the picScreen window. There was a tut on mirage forums somewhere. I remember making an edit for Chakkra. I would ask, if I were you, Robin's permission to post an eclipse mod for the full screen reso edit.

you could add a maximize button if that is what he is asking then MrMiguu…

anyways you can try this:
If you are using a mdi form change the "windowstate" property to "2- maximized". If you are not using a mdi form then change all the forms "windowstate" property to "2-maximized"

unless of course you are meaning 100% full screen and not maximizing it to a fullscreen...
if thats the case, do the above and do the below:

set the form borderstyle to 0 at designtime, just make sure you still have the quit button in game otherwise they will have to alt+f4 or ctrl-alt-delete

if you want it to appear in system tray during runtime, i think you can do that with windowstate=0 but I'm not sure.. still learning heh.

@Admiral:

> Someone grab the source to [EE1.0](http://freemmorpgmaker.com/ees.php), and see how Baron did the full screen system.

No don't, he did it the uberwrong way.

He just resized the form and used another GUI picture. He also resized the gamescreen in a really stupid way.
Oh god the horrors.

@xLuna:

> To make real fullscreen, like all the other game you would have to change most if not all of the engine.
>
> Or do it the lazy way and Maximize the form.

not really the only real work would be moving all the forms to frmMirage anyone witrh 3 hours to kill could do it.

@zidsal:

> not really the only real work would be moving all the forms to frmMirage anyone witrh 3 hours to kill could do it.

I would love to see you move a form into another form.
Plus, I would love to see you make it fullscreen after that, without breaking DirectX.

:D

@Zetta:

> um, its 1 line of code. Find where DX7 is initialised and swap out the constant that makes it windowed for the full screen one.

It wouldn't work as DirectX is pointed at the handle for picScreen, not frmMirage.

@xLuna:

> It wouldn't work as DirectX is pointed at the handle for picScreen, not frmMirage.

actually no,
it does effect the whole screen because it has to deal with the backbuffer, not frmMirage.
DirectX draws directly to the backbuffer and then rerouts the backbuffer to the drawing surface, frmMirage. Therefore you can make it full screen. Ill point it out if I can get the source opened on this computer.