Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Creating A Trade Box

Kimimaru

Hey! As many of you already know, in the current trade system, a player types "/trade (playername)," and then a trade request comes up for the other player on the chatbox. That player can either accept it by typing "/accept" or decline it by typing "/decline."

I want to change it to make it so that, instead of it appearing on the chatbox, a message box or something pops up on the screen for the other player. It would say something like "(Username) wishes to trade with you." Under that, it would have buttons that say "Accept" and "Decline." When you click "Accept," of course, it would tell the other player that "(username) has accepted your trade offer" in the chatbox. Then, the trade would commence. When you click "Decline," it would tell the other player that "(username) has declined your trade offer" in the chatbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i v done this it s pretty simple,but i forgot if the tutorial was about party or trade but i found one on here i think it was a party box tutorial then i used the party tutorial to make a trade one,commands are pretty simple.

Well you should know that you need to do a source edit to make this happen.

If you keep learning the Eclipse source then it shouldn't take long to understand and you will then find that this is very simple to do.

I forget how to code in VB6 but you could just create a standard VB6 message window to pop up.

I've already checked that out, but it doesn't do quite what I want. I believe that the tutorial allows you to trade with a player anywhere, and I only want you to be able to trade with someone else in the same map. I'll take another look at it and see if I can change it to my needs, though, thanks.

@мсичġġεт:

> You could make it so when right click on a person it brings up a menu at the position you clicked (like runescape) and have options like trade or follow or walk here.

could you explain on how to do that ?

a tut of somekind or a lead on where to start that, so when i right click some were a box comes up and states (if item below player , pick up(getplayeritem)  and if thats not possible atm then a box that comes up when you right click a PLAYER and stats trade or walke here, ( i am familiar with the source and i have use the ""click to walk " edit before.

please ., i WOULD LOVE to find out how to do this so i can apply it to my game, and if you just know a littlebit , even if its a small bit of info, that would help .

Thanks

now , when i call a custom menu ,sorry if this is a little off topic, but how do i make it so when the .small option box appears when "Trade" is clicked , to send the trade request to that player?

other words how do i make it call that?

The command "/join" pertains to parties by default. I'm trying to eliminate the "/accept" and "/decline" commands and instead make it so that you can simply click on an Accept or a Decline box to accept or decline the trade. The only command that you'd have to type in would be "/trade (username)" if you wanted to start a trade. I appreciate the reply, though.

i know i ment /accept and /decline accept and decline buttons are easy first go into the accept and decline code take what you need then use the if  (accept and decline code) then image1.visible = true then on it you add accept and decline or if you want something easier use the message that appears in box and type when it appears show the image

Thanks; I think I almost got it. There's still a problem, though. I made a separate form for the Trade Box. When you type "/trade", I want the trade box to come up instead of the text. I don't know how I can send the trade box to the other player only, because if I simply typed **frmTradeBox.Visible = True** then it would only come up on your screen.

@Kimimaru:

> Thanks; I think I almost got it. There's still a problem, though. I made a separate form for the Trade Box. When you type "/trade", I want the trade box to come up instead of the text. I don't know how I can send the trade box to the other player only, because if I simply typed **frmTradeBox.Visible = True** then it would only come up on your screen.

This is about where you find out how packets work, and how the server communicates with clients.

I've tried figuring it out, but I couldn't find out how the packets work. I'm not very familiar with sending and receiving packets, although I know that I'd need to know a little something if I wanted to get this to work. Also, I believe that you would have to make numerous edits to make this work, but I'm not completely certain. Anyway, do you think I can receive some more help with this, please?