Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Galaxy

The New World

How about: after you click warp, under attributes, it asks for a map number, and if you want the warp one-way, then you click ok, then that map pops up, and you click on it where you want the warp to end up, after that, the screen disappears, then you select the spot where you want the warp to go on the map you're currently editing.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ᴆᴎᴧ:

> I've never seen that, so I don't know. BTW, you should make Eclipse Galaxy available in severla programming languages, so that it's accessable to everyone skilled in programming.

I'll make it available in Java, C++, C# and Python if possible. I'm more concerned on finishing the core objectives, anyone that wants to make one and post it for others to use will help :P

@Rose:

> I'll make it available in Java, C++, C# and Python if possible. I'm more concerned on finishing the core objectives, anyone that wants to make one and post it for others to use will help :P

Much luck with the language porting. I can predict already that that will be a pain in the ass.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> Much luck with the language porting. I can predict already that that will be a pain in the ass.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Well not entirely. C++ and C# will be easy, but I have no expierience with Python, and Java is my enemy because both my computers hate Java. xP No suggestions Goddie?

@Rose:

> Well not entirely. C++ and C# will be easy, but I have no expierience with Python, and Java is my enemy because both my computers hate Java. xP No suggestions Goddie?

C++ easy? Unless using the .NET framework or some very easy library or development kit, it will take several months, if not years. C# forces you to use .NET. Install Eclipse IDE, JRE and the JDK if you want to port it to Java.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I might leave Java up to someone else, and C++ is my second nature. Its why I went to college for 3 years, to learn it. I can write the exact same function SS uses in C++ without much adoue. :P So that'll be the fun part, since I'm going back to college. Anyway, I still need some help creating some of these features for EG. and tonight I might release a preview with whats already done.

@Rose:

> I might leave Java up to someone else, and C++ is my second nature. Its why I went to college for 3 years, to learn it. I can write the exact same function SS uses in C++ without much adoue. :P So that'll be the fun part, since I'm going back to college. Anyway, I still need some help creating some of these features for EG. and tonight I might release a preview with whats already done.

Porting Sadscript to C++ isn't hard, but porting the engine is something completely different.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> Porting Sadscript to C++ isn't hard, but porting the engine is something completely different.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

I didn't mean only SadScript fuctions I met any function or law, so the engine conversion may only be a bit more difficult but its not something I'm going to worry about until after these main features are implemented.

@Rose:

> I didn't mean only SadScript fuctions I met any function or law, so the engine conversion may only be a bit more difficult but its not something I'm going to worry about until after these main features are implemented.

*cough* WinAPI *cough* DirectX *cough* (Unless using OpenGL, X11, wxWidgets, GTK+, Qt, SDL or something similar or a combination of these).

Porting isn't just rewriting every function. Besides, in C++ you would most-likely use classes if not using C++ without classes and redesign everything to gain performance.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Bleh, I'm slowly adding/modifying everything to be efficient, but I forgot to clean out some code before releasing 2.0 xD

Should I add this old script? I feel like making it for multiple items just dont feel like paperdolling guitars /flutes and shit right now. xD

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,2431.0.html

@[GrimTechâ„¢:

> Skillzalot link=topic=49906.msg523529#msg523529 date=1250290747]
> For the quest system what types of quest are there

Item Req, Class Req, Scripted NPC Kill Req, and the option of requiring one quest to be done before performing a second part of it, or an interlinking one.