Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Galaxy

The New World

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just decided peeps probably wont recognize if I post it in my request features post, ill post it here instead,
There should be a optional factions system, and a window where you can see your points out of 100 that they favor you, and certain quests can increase your ranking with them, also, certain people are a part of a faction too, but they dont have to be scripted npc then, they can just set an attribute in the npc editor, also, if you attack them you lose points with that faction.

@Jοe:

> I just decided peeps probably wont recognize if I post it in my request features post, ill post it here instead,
> There should be a optional factions system, and a window where you can see your points out of 100 that they favor you, and certain quests can increase your ranking with them, also, certain people are a part of a faction too, but they dont have to be scripted npc then, they can just set an attribute in the npc editor, also, if you attack them you lose points with that faction.

I'll remind you all, I'm building an Engine, not a pre-made game. What you're requesting would require a full-customization of the Factions, an addition to the NPC Editor a lot of other things. I think I'm going to release 3.0 soon and leave it at that for a while because I'm going to start my own game.

lol, well it seems that you are like one of the only ppl to build something and you actually get things done fast, like features, the java rewriting, etc. thats why im interested, besides, if it finishes with java, ill prob use it, or at least try it out.

Thanks!

Oh yeah!
Here is some more features:
Fog and Custom Lighting
(I dont know if these are in yet)
Fishing and Mining
I really dont know if you can ace this one, but it would be sweet if you could
A conversation system, with a built in conversation editor, like you set an npc to "Conversation" and set the conversation number, and it brings up like something, maybe in chat box, that is a dialogue, like type /yes or /no or any other custom command as specified in conversation to say an answer, and in the editor for dialogue options, like if they respond /yes for example you could like, activate a script, give player an item, teleport player, etc.

Also, I was wondering if you have made it yet so that with the quest editor you can simply assign the quest to an npc without scripting yet.

P.S. I have PM'ed a few ppls at shadows and was wondering if maybe I could become a GM, I think i would be able to help more in that position, ty

P.S.S. XD, I am so sorry for double-posting, but i am almost sure you have/will post in a few seconds.

Thanks!
Bye!

Lol, I was on Tyler's game. Quest Editor will write the script, not implemented, and the rest you requested is easy scripting. I'll give you some of those scripts tonight, hell, most are on the forum. You have to talk to dark soul about becoming a mod. And if you wanna help with the engine just ask xD

umm…i can do easy scripting...
XD
ummm...ok...i was kinda more suggesting ideas for the engine itself, that way everyone can do stuff, once you get some more further in the engine and do java rewrite, im gunna make an epic tutorial video, by then we can post it in source edits, and shadows will be rich and famous, but dont give the ppl the source XD

Also, i talked to dark soul, no offence, but he wont get anywhere with me when i pm him, he just talks, he says "Maybe" "ill look into it"...i dont even know how Apocolypse became a recruiting mod...I post more then him...sorry if im giving ya a hard time

XD,
Thanks!

lol, i just meant that if what he wanted could work, you would set it on/off in data.ini

EDIT: I am so using this for my game once its done with java, I was just wondering
1.)Can i just like patch over once java is out if like a new version comes out (e.g. I use 2.0 then i patch it to 2.1 in my client and server without bugs/data loss?
2.)Will all features listed ALSO be in the java rewrite?
3.)Will the EE=>EG converter also convert to the java rewrite?

TRIPLE EDIT XD: A awesome thing you could put in would be a sprite system like EE 3.0's up and coming sprite system so you would have like a 8xn sprite file for each sprite, the n and sprite size would be specified in the sprite ini

Hmmmm, im thinking if I REALLY want to use this or SE for my java release, SE will have more support and stuff…hmmm...idk, once the java rewrite is done i will c if i will use it, Great work you are doing tho, if i were still in EE i would definitely use EG over EE

Thanks,
Bye!