Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Medieval Space Base Sprite

Helpmeplz

It's pretty good for what I pressume is your first attempt?
Pointer's: I'm not sure is your going for realism but, I'd Google Anatomy Images and consult some of the graphs its brings up, that helps a lot, it did for me anyway.
You need to work more on the "Contours" of the body, taking closer attention to shadow and lighting and how those elements effect what we see, say for instance, the chest, you'd see a defining section of shadow between the pecks.

Though saying that you've already shown basic understanding of how Shadow and Lighting works. *points at the head of the sprite*

I'd say concentrate on the chest, arms and legs, as the basic outline of the sprite is fundamentally right, though may still need minor tweaks here and there.

I think my biggest concern about this sprite, though it's fundamentally correct, is the level of detail, pixel art typically doesn't occur in 5 minutes, you'd have to be prepared to grool over them for some time before you get even a half decent result.

A few tips: Get an action figure and a lamp, move the lamp around and see how it effects the figure, google "Anatomy", like I said and… Try to bear in mind that no part of the body, by nature is perfectly round and symmetrical.
And move the head to the right a few pixels.

Over all: You did good. I'd be proud to call that my first attempt.

How long did it take you?

@Bongartist:

> How long did it take you?

I've been working on this for like 3 weeks

@♥♠DDunit:

> Face is too shaded considering the body.
>
> The feet looks horrible.
>
> Neck is too thin

First off all that shaded area is going to going to be covered by hair

How are the feet horrible

If i make neck any thinner it would look ugly

blunt an straight:
feet look very stupid
neck.. i can barely see and is too thin.
3 weeks? really?
i agree with DDunit - He said ITS TOO THIN not MAKE IT THINNER.
im sorry but im not gonna sprinkle it with sugar for no reason other than its your first attempt?

The reason it took me so long because i was waiting for my friend to help me with it but he never did so i just posted and i also been busy.Also truth is i didnt explain myself correctly, i started the sprite a few weeks ago and finished it today and this is my 3rd attempt on the sprite.

I think bumping the head a bit forward would help a lot, right now it looks like hes nodding down, leaning back (with his neck).

The lighting is nice, but the neck is too thin.

Besides that, everything everyone else has said which I won't repeat for obvious reasons.

Good work though, it would be cool to see some updates on it in the future.