Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Broken Images…

KillerRazor

@[SB:

> Damian666 link=topic=51382.msg539005#msg539005 date=1252084448]
> i dont care… IE is a huge part of teh used browsers, so deal with it man XD
>
> listen Goddie, you know we wont agree on it man :)
>
> lets give it a rest, this is getting us nowhere XD
>
> you want all non MS, i love all MS stuff, it happens.
>
> Damian66

IE is the reason why Acid4 is delayed and honestly IE shouldn't be a mainstream browser and the only reason why it is a mainstream browser is because it is shipped with Microsoft Windows.

I'm going to give you a list of reasons here why somebody should not use IE:

* Internet Explorer only works on Microsoft Windows, other platforms were supported but are now obsolete.
* Internet Explorer is unaware of XHTML and interprets this as HTML.
* CSS doesn't work properly on Internet Explorer, just like JS.
* Internet Explorer only scores 20 on the Acid3 test. This takes the average down as all other mainstream browsers get at least 90 by now, not to mention that most browsers have reached 100 already, meaning that they can interpret and render HTML, CSS and JS properly, next to various other scripting languages and features.
* Internet Explorer is also the reason why Acid4 is delayed. Acid4 requires that most mainstream browsers, actually all, pass the Acid3 test first, which is going to take a long time, knowing Microsoft.
* Internet Explorer uses and supports ActiveX which only works in Internet Explorer mainly. This is a vurnability as it executes without permission (Shields aren't available for ActiveX).
* Internet Explorer had hacks introduced a long time ago to get proper rendering on all websites originally written for W3C. This is however exotic support and is not the way it should work.
* Internet Explorer supports useless languages which are usually not supported by other browsers. An example of this is VBScript.

In my opinion, you could better use a browser for embedded systems instead of Internet Explorer.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@[SB:

> Damian666 link=topic=51382.msg539005#msg539005 date=1252084448]
> i dont care… IE is a huge part of teh used browsers, so deal with it man XD
>
> listen Goddie, you know we wont agree on it man :)
>
> lets give it a rest, this is getting us nowhere XD
>
> you want all non MS, i love all MS stuff, it happens.
>
> Damian66

Why the hell should he deal with a browser he doesn't use? He's just sick of people complaining about those problems. Not only he, but a lot of programmers feel that way. You love Microsoft's products because you don't know better. Compare it to religion, if you're an atheist.

@The:

> Compare it to religion, if you're an atheist.

And just like most atheists… they shove their "religion" or "lack of" down people's throats just as much as people that do believe.

Who cares....  You have your views.. he has his views... i have my views....  ultimately nobody cares!

@Gwen:

> And just like most atheists… they shove their "religion" or "lack of" down people's throats just as much as people that do believe.
>
> Who cares....  You have your views.. he has his views... i have my views....  ultimately nobody cares!

Yea, go ahead and generalise people. Not all people who believe enforce people to believe in the religion they believe in, neither do all atheists.

> You have your views.. he has his views… i have my views....  ultimately nobody cares!

Correction: I have views and I have stated facts to accompany my view, you didn't state any facts other than being too lazy to actually download Firefox or some other alternative.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I don't think it's an issue of trying to tell people firefox is better then IE, but the issue of web developers having to do extra work because Internet Explorer doesn't conform to standards.

…As it seems that virtually every (if not, every) browser EXCEPT Internet Explorer, works properly on these and many other sites.

You'll also notice in the newer version of IE, if you start typing long enough in the shoutbox's textfield, you eventually won't be able to scroll up to see what you're typing,

@Gwen:

> And just like most atheists… they shove their "religion" or "lack of" down people's throats just as much as people that do believe.
>
> Who cares....  You have your views.. he has his views... i have my views....  ultimately nobody cares!

Generalisation. They are both equally bad. Plus, I was making an example to clarify things, and you do have to admit: if they weren't forced a religion on them , but just had their own choice , things would've been much better. Proof? The Dark Ages. The Romans had build up a brilliant civilization, only to be destroyed by the Church. (Notice the capital letter)
Brotip: I am no atheist.

@KillerRazor:

> Ok. I am NOT switching browsers. I said that. No matter HOW many things you throw at me, I won't. I can use it if I want to. Almost everything I need works. One component on this site was broken. Now it is fixed.
>
> I don't like big arguements. Now let's end it.

Close your topic, smartass.

@Godlord:

> Yea, go ahead and generalise people. Not all people who believe enforce people to believe in the religion they believe in, neither do all atheists.

@Gwen:

> And just like **most** atheists… they shove their "religion" or "lack of" down people's throats just as much as people that do believe.

I never said all. I fall into the catagory of not enforcing people myself. I dont like it from either side.

@Godlord:

> Correction: I have views and I have stated facts to accompany my view, you didn't state any facts other than being too lazy to actually download Firefox or some other alternative.

Goddie my views dont require facts… or well my view is based on the road of least resistance, and what works for me... so i did give "facts" to support my views.

Sorry... my your, his, and my views were ment in a general worldly term... not directly to anyone specific.

@Gwen:

> I never said all. I fall into the catagory of not enforcing people myself. I dont like it from either side.
>
> Goddie my views dont require facts… or well my view is based on the road of least resistance, and what works for me... so i did give "facts" to support my views.
>
> Sorry... my your, his, and my views were ment in a general worldly term... not directly to anyone specific.

Most isn't true either, you're still generalising. It's like saying most Muslims are bad, just because of the extremists and perhaps the fundamentalists.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Now this is a story all about how, this thread got flipped, turned upside down.
I'd like you to take a minute, now sit down, Gwen.
I'd like to tell you how I became king of a town called Whorin'.
In North-Western Belgium, not born, but raised.
With the retards, where I spent most of my days.
Chillin' out , trollin' relaxin' all the while and thinking how these retards don't fit my "intelligence required:"
When a couple o' psychologists, who were up to no good.
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood.
I got in one little fit and the shrinks got scared and said:
you are fuckin' retarded, stay here, you toolshed!
I whistled for a professor with a real PhD, told me I could go to a normal school, not crazy, whoopee!
I came up to a school about seven or eight and yelled to a small boy: YO, Brosuke-da!
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there,
to settle my throne as the king of this lair.