Find results in...

Dungeons and Dragons Online Discussion

Dark Crusade

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just had a 15 minute play… and it's terrible.

- Incredibly Cliché characters. Daelan Redtiger from NwN1, Tommi-whats-his-name NwN1 and the Elven Druid girl from NwN2 make up the tutorial characters.
- Unfluid movement... The NPCs slide across the floor pretty quickly to a location, stop, Finish their line, then move on again, finish their speech again, etc.
- Ruined magic system. It's just button-smashing rather than reserving your spells.

That's enough to throw me off, but, to my initial disgust, they've sectored off some features for "Paying" members. I hate it when they advertise " IS NOW FREE TO PLAY!!"
"Oh, but, you do have to pay to use anything worth using. :)"

This is so stereotypical of a MMO, it's laughable. As I say to any 3D MMOs released, "Just another mmo."

This Game is an insult to Gary Gyrax.

[/rage]

@Azkanan:

> So, I just had a 15 minute play… and it's terrible.
>
> - Incredibly Cliché characters. Daelan Redtiger from NwN1, Tommi-whats-his-name NwN1 and the Elven Druid girl from NwN2 make up the tutorial characters.
> - Unfluid movement... The NPCs slide across the floor pretty quickly to a location, stop, Finish their line, then move on again, finish their speech again, etc.
> - Ruined magic system. It's just button-smashing rather than reserving your spells.
>
> That's enough to throw me off, but, to my initial disgust, they've sectored off some features for "Paying" members. I hate it when they advertise " IS NOW FREE TO PLAY!!"
> "Oh, but, you do have to pay to use anything worth using. :)"
>
> This is so stereotypical of a MMO, it's laughable. As I say to any 3D MMOs released, "Just another mmo."
>
> This Game is an insult to Gary Gyrax.
>
> [/rage]

Your problem - don't like it = don't play it.

Anyways - Hysys Ironfire - level 2.4 cleric. If anybody neads some leveling or want to take the highest difficulty quests - contact me till the end of this day because I done all the quests on normal and leaving the island soon but would be cool to loot some goodies first.

@Azkanan:

> - Incredibly Cliché characters. Daelan Redtiger from NwN1, Tommi-whats-his-name NwN1 and the Elven Druid girl from NwN2 make up the tutorial characters.
> - Unfluid movement… The NPCs slide across the floor pretty quickly to a location, stop, Finish their line, then move on again, finish their speech again, etc.
> - Ruined magic system. It's just button-smashing rather than reserving your spells.

Lol who cares about the tutorial characters much. So what if they did resemble characters from previous dnd games. Nothing to get fussed about. I never noticed an issue with the movement though, or nothing that serious at least. And I never played a magic class, but I'm sure they gave extra spell points for the fact that its an mmo. You can't rest wherever you like, so who is going to be satisfied with like 3-5 spell charges on level 1? Especially the outside audience who isnt too familiar with DnD.

@Azkanan:

> That's enough to throw me off, but, to my initial disgust, they've sectored off some features for "Paying" members. I hate it when they advertise " IS NOW FREE TO PLAY!!"
> "Oh, but, you do have to pay to use anything worth using. :)"

As much as I may agree, I'm thankful that the game doesnt require membership. They still have to make their funds, especially to continue developing updates. So I'm fine with it. Sure, you have to use store points to buy a few extra classes and quests, but I got what I need, and theres still lots of content available for a non-playing character. For beating dungeons on hard and doing specific quests you gain store points anyway, so you'll probably be able to purchase a few things anyway.

The game is so unpredictable. Me and Balliztik have really good spot and search skills, and we always spot traps or hidden walls. Then we rush in eagerly to find no treasure or special encounters. Or we walk into a large empty suspicious room, check thoroughly for traps and ambushes, to find we wasted our time. THEN we move ahead into an average room or run toward a non-suspicious chest only to get ambushed, or locked in.