Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What class to be…

Oloty

Barbarian - Easy to solo, and a great tank. Has the most HP of all classes, gets damage reduction, and rage. No forms of healing, though.

Bard - Difficult to solo, but the ultimate party member. Has healing and buffs, but little offense capability.

Cleric - Very easy to solo, and a great all-around party member. Has healing abilities, buffs, decent HP, and decent fighting capabilities.

Fighter - Easy to solo, and another good tank. Has the most feats, so can achieve highest attack and damage output, and can wear heaviest armor.

Paladin - Very easy to solo. Has healing abilities, including lay on hands, the highest single burst heal ability in the game, limited spells, and fairly good offense.

Ranger - Easy to solo. Has fairly high HP, decent armor, and decent offense. Can get limited healing spells and has many skill points.

Rogue - Moderate to solo. Has fairly low HP, decent armor, and burst offense. Can deal a lot of damage at once, but only to certain enemies, and only when surprising the enemy. Has exclusive abilities to find traps and unlock doors.

Sorcerer - Difficult to solo. Has lowest HP die, little armor, and very limited spell choice. Fast casting and high SP make up for this in party play. Ultimate damage nuker.

Wizard - Moderately difficult to solo. Has lowest HP die, little armor, but wide spell choice. Casts slow, so isn't best choice for damage nuke, but rather a good balanced caster.

Personally, I'd say rogue is the best choice if you want to have a bit of everything. You'll be able to survive the traps and get more loot from locked areas. With a cleric hireling or a party to back you up, you've got everything covered. For ultimate ease, go fighter or barbarian + cleric hireling or party. They've got a huge supply of HP and destructive power.

@мсичġġєт:

> I thought you guys needed a tank?

Nah, we've got things covered guild-wise. We don't have a big healer, but we get along fine with hirelings, especially now since I've hit level 9 and can get hirelings with raise dead. A fair portion of the time, we're not grouping together, so some solo capability is recommended. I'm playing a wizard, so it's hard for me to go solo when grouping is slow, whereas Bobosk's barbarian made it to level 8 extremely quickly almost entirely solo.

I was a level 1 rogue for a long time before I realized I could level up twice XD, I thought levels were automatic things :P, rogues are fun and can get in to secret treasure areas, bring hirelings and you don't have to share your loot with a party

Sorry before I finished reading this I became a twin blade fighter. Can I join the guild? Also what town are you guys in, I'm in storm reach and My character has a long name i cant remember.

~Regards,
                  Oloty  :azn:

@Oloty:

> Sorry before I finished reading this I became a twin blade fighter. Can I join the guild? Also what town are you guys in, I'm in storm reach and My character has a long name i cant remember.
>
>       ~Regards,
>                   Oloty  :azn:

Snoopjay, Jasmay, Fuana, and Aluonna can all invite you. PM one of them in game and we'll get you in. You're on the Thelanis server, right?

Rangers have fairly high HP? I'm lvl 6 and I only have 8hp :S They do have some good armor though. I wouldn't really say a ranger is easy to solo with until you get to a higher level. Once you get good spells to increase your damage and skill points.

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=52514.msg554999#msg554999 date=1254724075]
> Rangers have fairly high HP? I'm lvl 6 and I only have 8hp :S They do have some good armor though. I wouldn't really say a ranger is easy to solo with until you get to a higher level. Once you get good spells to increase your damage and skill points.

80* Hp I assume you mean.

We still lack a good cleric. xD

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=52514.msg554999#msg554999 date=1254724075]
> Rangers have fairly high HP? I'm lvl 6 and I only have 8hp :S They do have some good armor though. I wouldn't really say a ranger is easy to solo with until you get to a higher level. Once you get good spells to increase your damage and skill points.

Rangers are second only to Barbarians on base HP. My sorcerer, at level 4, already has 65, and Aluonna, at level 9, just broke the 115 mark. It just depends on how much you invest in your HP. A level 20 ranger, at base, will have 220 HP, whereas a level 20 wizard will have only 100\. A barbarian will have 260\. I've put quite a bit into my CON and taken the toughness feats and enhancements. They're pretty good, no matter the class.

@Oloty:

> Is 42 hp good for a lv2? i'll be lv 3 after my quest though…  :azn:

It's decent. Fighter with 12 CON, right? HP aren't really an issue unless you're doing elites. In elite mode, damage is souped up. In a level 2 elite, I took a hit of 70 damage from a trap. It's serious stuff.

@Balliztik1:

> It's decent. Fighter with 12 CON, right? HP aren't really an issue unless you're doing elites. In elite mode, damage is souped up. In a level 2 elite, I took a hit of 70 damage from a trap. It's serious stuff.

that is why you send the rogues in first

Aye, I'm a kickass rogue. Assuming I'm in the lead, I'll warn everyone of traps, secrets, invisible enemies, as well as disarming the traps of cause. And when theres an encounter, I'm always able to deal insanely high sneak attack damage if I sneak in.

What usually happens is I'll sneak up close, the wizards and sorcerers will nuke the encounter at about the same time I start unleashing some sneak attacks. If they try and run back to attack the spellcasters, I flank them from the rear. xD