Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Night+Lag= Sad Azure (Resolved)

azure

Alright so I've been around this and around this and around this, and everyone has a different answer for what the problem is, and a possible solution. The issue here is that I'm not sure what the complete issue is and if it can be fixed at all. The main reason I'm perusing it rather than just taking it out all together is that I'd love to have the mode in my game with out the lag. So if I could get the full issue and a viable fix if there is one I'd much appreciate it. I'm not in a huge hurry to make a great game since it's just kind of a hobby, but I'd like to have things in the engine running smoothly.

Edit: Solved both by SVN and Anasky.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i posted in Stable post.

> as i see it, and i could be wrong…
>
> whn its night time, we should change the way the map is drawn, when its night, first apply a mask to the tile, then draw it.
>
> now it just puts a whole layer ontop of it, when applying a mask, it uses teh same layers as normal, but colored.
>
> thats how i would go about it, but this is all theory, because i stink at DX stuff :(
>
> Damian666

XD

Hey, I don't recall seeing that Damian. I like the idea and I'll see if  can't get in touch with someone about how to go about it. ZM is usually great when it comes to this kind of thing. If I can get something working properly I'll let you know.

Night + lag is a common issue in EE2.7
Unless you're going to recode the entire night system, there is no possibility to remain it in the engine, but still remove the lagg.

We all know people want to have night, and it is coded right in EE3.0, no clue when it will be available for use :(.

@Azure:

> Essentially that is precisely what I intend to do. I would rather spend 3 months to a year learning a dead programming language that will help me work my way up then to do nothing for the same amount of time.

To start off learning VB6, you shouldn't edit the eclipse engine. you shouldn't start with eclipse at all actually.
Once you've learned the basics (which i forgot to do first, but i came out fine (less good then others who did)) and know them by 'heart', i'd go for eclipse.

I'm currently teaching a romanian pal of me, and he has never seen any vb6 before, and believe me, it's hard to learn him both vb6 + eclipse.

Well rather than adding new sheets or features I'm thinking of working within the confines we currently have. Also if you don't want the night feature at all wouldn't it be easier to just comment out the checks and loading of the night system?

Well rather than adding new sheets or features I'm thinking of working within the confines we currently have. Also if you don't want the night feature at all wouldn't it be easier to just comment out the checks and loading of the night system?

That's even easier. :D. Anasky, let me know when you have more time to work on this with me. For now it's not the most important thing in the world, but I'd like to have something done before Christmas, if you know what I mean.

That's even easier. :D. Anasky, let me know when you have more time to work on this with me. For now it's not the most important thing in the world, but I'd like to have something done before Christmas, if you know what I mean.