Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse SVN Going Public

Mellowz

Later today I'll be making the Eclipse SVN available to the public.

**What does this mean?**
You'll be able to use TortoiseSVN to connect to the SVN server to manage, view, and control your code.

I think this will intrigue developers to help submit additions, bug fixes, and optimizations.

You'll be able to download the latest revisions whenever you like and use them with your game. Basically, no more waiting for releases (people will still be making releases for those who don't have the VB6 IDE).

I'll be creating a new forum area called "Eclipse Development" and some developement forums will be moved into it (Engine Development, etc).

- Mellowz

Some features in the current SVN

**Eclipse Evolution 2.8**

**Eclipse: New Features**

**DirectX7 Music** - The client now supports DirectMusic7\. Right now it uses only one buffer (since it's only used for the BGM). Supports many cool sound modifiers, too.

**DirectX7 Sound** - The client now supports DirectSound7\. It uses an array of 20 sound buffers (can be changed) to play sounds asynchronously. This engine handles any sound effect, besides MIDI. Supports many cool sound modifiers, too.

**Server Debugger** - The server now supports a separate tab which will display any errors the server encounters while running. It will report both packet and scripting errors. Attacking isn't working? Find out the problem by just looking at the debugger.

**Classes:** They support default items now for the entire inventory. For example, you can have a specific class start off with basic gear and 10 health potions and another class start off with nothing at all.

**Shops:** NPC shops now are all displayed on one page and can support a maximum of 20 items (may change in next BETAs). All bugs have been ironed out. The new shop window still lacks a GUI.

**Trading:** The trade system now supports currency and stack able items. All known bugs have been fixed and it's fully functional. The system received a client-side re-write.

**Banking:** The bank system now supports currency and stack able items. All known bugs have been fixed and it's fully functional. The system received a client-side re-write.

**Partying** The party system received a full re-write and now supports up to 8 members. The party structure has nothing to do with the player array anymore and is now independent. The system supports all the basic party features, such as, but not limited to, changing party leader, sharing experience, and kicking out AFKers. The party commands are: /pcreate, /pdisband, /pinvite, /paccept, /pdecline, and /pleader.

**New Configuration Toggles:**
* EngineSpeed - Controls the speed of the server. This is temporary until the servers timers are fully functional.
* MAX_BYTES - Controls the maximum about of bytes the server can receive in 1 second before disconnecting the client.
* MAX_PACKETS - Controls the maximum about of packets the server can received in 1 second before disconnecting the client.

**Eclipse: Fixed Bugs**

**Client/Server Start-up:** Now the server and client can detect a run-time error on start-up and display a message of what's wrong.

**Wrong X/Y Coordinates:** Sometimes when moving you'll lose your coordinates and you end up in the wrong spot client-side causing all sorts of problems. Other cases such as warping, kill tiles, and death have been fixed too.

**Map Items Stuck:** When on the map for over two minutes, any dropped items will become stuck and new items won't appear.

**Custom Players:** When Custom is set to 1 (Custom is now CustomPlayerGFX, by the way), the graphics would not be visible on the new character screen or in-game.

**Bank Exploit:** The bank allowed you to deposit negative amounts of items creating "new" items in your inventory for the amount deposited.

**Trade Exploit:** The trade system allowed you to drop equipment after it was finalized in the trade window.

**Warping Exploit:** You could warp to maps that surround the map you're currently on using malformed packets.

**Blting NPC Damage:** When attacking or killing an NPC, if you switch targets, the damage will appear over the new targets head until it's removed by the client.

**Minor Bugs:** Tons of minor bugs have been ironed out in both the client and server.

**Eclipse: Optimizations**

**Byte Headers** All packets are now sent as bytes (even though they're converted to strings for the time being). This will make packets a bit smaller and the select case's on both the server and client perform much faster when comparing numbers instead of strings.

**Minor Optimizations:** Hundreds of sub-routines and functions in both the client and server have been re-written to run at maximum speed.

**Eclipse: Removals**

**News Editor:** The news editor has been removed from the server and is now a stand-alone application.

**VB Music Player (VBMP):** The client no longer relies on this to play music or sound. The OCX file has been removed from the client distribution.

Later today I'll be making the Eclipse SVN available to the public.

**What does this mean?**
You'll be able to use TortoiseSVN to connect to the SVN server to manage, view, and control your code.

I think this will intrigue developers to help submit additions, bug fixes, and optimizations.

You'll be able to download the latest revisions whenever you like and use them with your game. Basically, no more waiting for releases (people will still be making releases for those who don't have the VB6 IDE).

I'll be creating a new forum area called "Eclipse Development" and some developement forums will be moved into it (Engine Development, etc).

- Mellowz

Some features in the current SVN

**Eclipse Evolution 2.8**

**Eclipse: New Features**

**DirectX7 Music** - The client now supports DirectMusic7\. Right now it uses only one buffer (since it's only used for the BGM). Supports many cool sound modifiers, too.

**DirectX7 Sound** - The client now supports DirectSound7\. It uses an array of 20 sound buffers (can be changed) to play sounds asynchronously. This engine handles any sound effect, besides MIDI. Supports many cool sound modifiers, too.

**Server Debugger** - The server now supports a separate tab which will display any errors the server encounters while running. It will report both packet and scripting errors. Attacking isn't working? Find out the problem by just looking at the debugger.

**Classes:** They support default items now for the entire inventory. For example, you can have a specific class start off with basic gear and 10 health potions and another class start off with nothing at all.

**Shops:** NPC shops now are all displayed on one page and can support a maximum of 20 items (may change in next BETAs). All bugs have been ironed out. The new shop window still lacks a GUI.

**Trading:** The trade system now supports currency and stack able items. All known bugs have been fixed and it's fully functional. The system received a client-side re-write.

**Banking:** The bank system now supports currency and stack able items. All known bugs have been fixed and it's fully functional. The system received a client-side re-write.

**Partying** The party system received a full re-write and now supports up to 8 members. The party structure has nothing to do with the player array anymore and is now independent. The system supports all the basic party features, such as, but not limited to, changing party leader, sharing experience, and kicking out AFKers. The party commands are: /pcreate, /pdisband, /pinvite, /paccept, /pdecline, and /pleader.

**New Configuration Toggles:**
* EngineSpeed - Controls the speed of the server. This is temporary until the servers timers are fully functional.
* MAX_BYTES - Controls the maximum about of bytes the server can receive in 1 second before disconnecting the client.
* MAX_PACKETS - Controls the maximum about of packets the server can received in 1 second before disconnecting the client.

**Eclipse: Fixed Bugs**

**Client/Server Start-up:** Now the server and client can detect a run-time error on start-up and display a message of what's wrong.

**Wrong X/Y Coordinates:** Sometimes when moving you'll lose your coordinates and you end up in the wrong spot client-side causing all sorts of problems. Other cases such as warping, kill tiles, and death have been fixed too.

**Map Items Stuck:** When on the map for over two minutes, any dropped items will become stuck and new items won't appear.

**Custom Players:** When Custom is set to 1 (Custom is now CustomPlayerGFX, by the way), the graphics would not be visible on the new character screen or in-game.

**Bank Exploit:** The bank allowed you to deposit negative amounts of items creating "new" items in your inventory for the amount deposited.

**Trade Exploit:** The trade system allowed you to drop equipment after it was finalized in the trade window.

**Warping Exploit:** You could warp to maps that surround the map you're currently on using malformed packets.

**Blting NPC Damage:** When attacking or killing an NPC, if you switch targets, the damage will appear over the new targets head until it's removed by the client.

**Minor Bugs:** Tons of minor bugs have been ironed out in both the client and server.

**Eclipse: Optimizations**

**Byte Headers** All packets are now sent as bytes (even though they're converted to strings for the time being). This will make packets a bit smaller and the select case's on both the server and client perform much faster when comparing numbers instead of strings.

**Minor Optimizations:** Hundreds of sub-routines and functions in both the client and server have been re-written to run at maximum speed.

**Eclipse: Removals**

**News Editor:** The news editor has been removed from the server and is now a stand-alone application.

**VB Music Player (VBMP):** The client no longer relies on this to play music or sound. The OCX file has been removed from the client distribution.

Which one is this? EE 3.0 or SE 1.0?
Is it the http://opensvn.csie.org/ ?

Either way, I can't wait to check out(pun intended).
I know VB 6.0(haven't use it for a long long time) and currently learning Java.
If I work more on Eclipse, who know, maybe I'll join the Developer Team. XD

Sincerely,
Rithy

Which one is this? EE 3.0 or SE 1.0?
Is it the http://opensvn.csie.org/ ?

Either way, I can't wait to check out(pun intended).
I know VB 6.0(haven't use it for a long long time) and currently learning Java.
If I work more on Eclipse, who know, maybe I'll join the Developer Team. XD

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Rithy58:

> Which one is this? EE 3.0 or SE 1.0?
> Is it the http://opensvn.csie.org/ ?
>
> Either way, I can't wait to check out(pun intended).
> I know VB 6.0(haven't use it for a long long time) and currently learning Java.
> If I work more on Eclipse, who know, maybe I'll join the Developer Team. XD
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

its the vb6 version.

@Rithy58:

> Which one is this? EE 3.0 or SE 1.0?
> Is it the http://opensvn.csie.org/ ?
>
> Either way, I can't wait to check out(pun intended).
> I know VB 6.0(haven't use it for a long long time) and currently learning Java.
> If I work more on Eclipse, who know, maybe I'll join the Developer Team. XD
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

its the vb6 version.

@Azure:

> Thank IceCake for this rar for those of us who are lazy, or just can't find it. (I actually fubar'd mine when I downloaded it all somehow.)
>
> http://download242.mediafire.com/gblsasmcw3zg/jnigyzh5kyl/EclipseSVN.rar

Might be good to note the revision number on that, though. It's not the SVN that is contained in that .rar file, but an instance of the latest revision. In a few days time or so, there will be other revisions to the SVN, and that will be out of date.

@Azure:

> Thank IceCake for this rar for those of us who are lazy, or just can't find it. (I actually fubar'd mine when I downloaded it all somehow.)
>
> http://download242.mediafire.com/gblsasmcw3zg/jnigyzh5kyl/EclipseSVN.rar

Might be good to note the revision number on that, though. It's not the SVN that is contained in that .rar file, but an instance of the latest revision. In a few days time or so, there will be other revisions to the SVN, and that will be out of date.