Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CrAzY's Server Manager [RELEASED]

Skaterboy991

![](http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3237/servermanagerlogo2.png)

Ever get tired of Eclipse's way of editing your server configuration? Want some more ease in your server maintenance? Are you a noob to Eclipse? Well then this is for you.

My server manager was specifically made to make editing your server configuration easier, and easing the creation of your game to make it truly easy as duck.

The manager consists of many tools created by me and those credited below in the post which are conveniently stuck into one interface.
These are the current features:

**Crash Detection:** This feature allows the manager to watch your server while your gone and if you allow it, it will restart your server if it ever crashes. It also logs the time and date of the crash.

**Configuration Editor:** This tool allows you to edit all variables in the Data.ini file without screwing everything up. Almost completely noob proofed. You can also edit your News.ini and MOTD.ini.

**Backup system:** This feature may come in very handy. Basically you may go to the tool menu and select the type of backup, name it, and click a single button which will compile a backup archive full of the selected information from your server you chose to back up. If something were to happen to your server, you may go back to the tool and select your backup from a list, click restore, and it will all be back where it was.

**Class manager:** This tool allows you to easily create new classes for your game, and edit them. It makes it relatively impossible to screw your classes up, as the only thing you have to do is fill in the text boxes and click save/save as new class.

**Auto updater:** This is embedded into the server manager. It makes it so you do not have to download anymore version of the server manager from here. You can update the manager's version by simply clicking 'update' (when avaiable)

**Main/Script Editor:** This tool is an editor Sk8 (credited below) made for editing your main. It features syntax highlighting and a new style of editor; a sub editor. It simply splits the main into it's subs and puts them into a listbox where you select the sub you would like to edit. It runs a bit slow right now, so be aware of that.

_Features that may/will come in the future_

**Paperdoll tester:** Following Sk8's creation of the popular PD Tester V2, this will be embedded into the manager, except remade. This will only be created if I decide to make the manager into an entire game creation suite.

**Eclipse updater:** This feature will follow Eclipse's SVN for new updates to your server files. If it finds new updates or changes, it will prompt you they are available and there will be an option to install them or not.

**User list:** This is an idea I was thinking about. I was thinking when the owner activates their manager (runs it for the first time) it will put the server's name on my website as some kind of 'servers using this tool' kind of thing where it will also tell if the server is offline or online, how many connected players (probably), the news, and the MOTD. This is just an idea and I will probably give the owner the option to use this capability incase they want to stay private.

_I would  be glad to add your opinions to this tool! Please suggest some stuff!_

_Credits apply to:
Sk8 - Co Programmer
LegendWeaver (Legend) - Graphics & Design
CrAzY (me) - Main programmer, project leader_

DOWNLOAD BELOW
EXTRACT DIRECTLY INTO SERVER FOLDER

RELEASED!

Alright, there it is, download at the top message.
I added a cool suggestion feature as a last thing. Just go to the Suggestions tab and give me all your ideas! It emails them to me.

I also added a cool little error reporter that, when the application detects an error, detects the error and displays some technical information about it, lets you type in what you were doing and additional info, and sends it to me via email so I may fix it in the next release.

It also comes with an internal automatic updater so you will never have to come back here to download it again!

I hope you guys like it, I'll be updating it quite a bit this is just the initial release.

Side note: I got a report from a computer named AMBER-PC (anyone here?) about Data.ini already being used. Please make sure that you don't have Data.ini or any of the other files already opened in Notepad or something, and make sure the manager is IN your server folder (where server.exe is)

@Azkanan:

> Uploaded the image, new Photobucket update is lagging me like hell D<
>
> In any case, the font is black, that's all there is to it.
>
> ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azkanan/crazyserver.jpg)

Oh. hmm. thats not how it is here.. I have a slight feeling it could be something to do with your Windows theme messing it up, till I find a solution I'll release an update that doesnt have that background… Stand by you should be getting an automatic update next time you restart the server manager

@Lucidstars:

> Much better. one more thing i try to save a new class i get an error

Yes I saw that error report. As said in the report:
The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Lisalsdvs\Desktop\Eclipse-Stable\Server\Classes\Class0' because it is being used by another process.

Is another process accessing the file?

@Lam3r:

> @ Azkanan, I think you must be the only person getting that error? It looks fine for me, easily readable.
>
> @ Crazy, did you get my suggestion for the Main.ess to be editable from within the server manager?
>
>                 ~ Lam3r

I'll do it as soon as I can. Right now I'm working on backing up my linux box so I will probably get around to doing it tomorrow.