Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crystal Oblivion Needs two Artists

Sunku

![](http://i.imgur.com/zoLO42b.png)

**Idea
The whole idea for this game is to be a fun retro game with a possibly cliche hero story. Only the story will be more original than previously said. The graphics will hopefully resemble those of the NES only in more of a high-def way.

**Engine**

~~Rpg Maker Vx Ace~~
~~(Copious amounts of my own scripts)~~

Using Java/jSFML
I've seemed to have gotten more progress with using this.

**What I'm Looking For**

More than just a single pixel artist, however I seem to not be getting my pay so it'll have to be free,
but if I do get some sort of profit it will be split evenly between the **_two_** pixel artists that are interested
in helping me with this. One pixel artists will work mostly on the UI whilst the other will help with tiles and sprites.

**Screenshots**
Just so you all can keep up with the progress of this game.

>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/59T2WS3.png)**

• 3 weeks later...
One person being a GUI artist, and the other being a tileset/sprite artist is a huge difference.

Anyone with decent photoshop/digital art skills can pump out a totally custom GUI in a couple days, perhaps even 1 if they're dedicated. I'd look to get a good chunk of your sprites and items/tiles finished before even touching the GUI graphics. Use basic placeholders until your game has developed a style. All about priorities ;)

> You posted a screenshot of a black screen…

It was more or less to show that I'm working on it(?). However, it wont be the last screenshot I put there.

> Lol, that was my reaction too 
>  
> He dont have lots of things

I didn't have a lot of things the time of the screenshot, no, but I've been working on it.

> well why didn't he even show just a text or something ? :D
>  
> On-Topic: You use Java right? Does java have a Form Editor? (I know this might be off-topic hehe)

Actually, that was my initial thought, but for some reason I decided to go against it.

Also, the IDE I'm using is Eclipse, it doesn't have a form editor, but I don't know about any other IDEs.