Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For anyone that Wants to make money with their eclipse game…

nickko

I don't know where I should put this but eh…here.
Okay so you want to make money with your eclipse game...cool heres some tips and things you really need to be real about...
#1 Make sure your game is always online... no one is going to buy something if the game is only online for like 30 days out of the year.
#2 Be realistic about how much you want to make. This isn't going to make you a millionaire but it might subsidize the cost of running your server and website.
#3 Make sure you have a community and that your game always has players on.
#4 Fan games...or games with other people resources....you cannot directly make money from the game. I have found a way around this with my own game A Stwalarts Tale... heres how...
Sell Advertising on your website...using adsense or...
[http://www.linkbucks.com/referral/192581](http://www.linkbucks.com/referral/192581)
with linkbucks alone…I have made $72.00 since November the launch of our website.
Use sharecash...i don't recommend unless it's an alternative...this way you can pass your cost...off of the players.
Good luck...and I have yet to see a successful eclipse cash shop...or one order from mine...but I've changed the model...instead of in game items...you can get almost like DLC expansions...including quests dungeons items etc...not much is there right now but i plan to fill it up and it's completely optional...the game itself is very large I've designed it to be worth the 2-3$. Make sure that your players are getting something worth their money.

A few of those were completely obvious, but thanks for the linkbucks tip. I will be using that on my website.
I think the most important point people need to take away from that is #2 : be realistic. So many people on here aren't….

@SHADERS:

> im pretty sure that if marsh was intinding for us to make money of our games, he would make us pay for it like vx and other rpg makers…

You are fucking stupid. Do you have any idea what open source is about? Also, Marsh didn't create this engine: it is based off Mirage Source. Mirage Source is the source code of an original vb6 mmorpg which the developers distributed because they wanted to do it themselves, not a hacker.

@Tipsta:

> Or you could use php and a script to make a sms payment gateway, (IT CAN BE DONE)

php has almost no connection to SMS, but yes it can be done using a third party service like MobilCash :)

@SHADERS:

> im pretty sure that if marsh was intinding for us to make money of our games, he would make us pay for it like vx and other rpg makers…

Thats kinda dumb. Marsh didnt INTENT for us to do anything. He game us the ENGINE free. What does that have to do with anything else?
Please, use common sense

Tip for linkbucks…create a full-page script...every link on your site will earn you cash...Dont do intermissions popups...because most of the time you wont interfere with your users due to popup blockers...the popups almost never show up but you still make deh monehz.

Ambardia uses Google ad sense on its web site and forums. We also have a donate page with donation rewards depending on the amount of the donation.

Since Ambardia opened I know it's made somewhere around $1,200.00 in the last 2 years.

I use this money to send to some of my developers as well as pay for hosting and the occasional computer problem.

Just thought I would share this info so the noobs would know an Eclipse game can make a little money.

very good ambard and linkbucks pays you for every time someone does anything on your site with a transitional full-page script…when someone comes to it...Unique Ip or not...anytime someone clicks a link for example...on your nav bar it will display an ad and then load the page = $$$

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to say…
RuneScape made members features and I tried to work out Jagex's income since it was released. My calculator, which can scroll, BROKE!
So, games which get enough players, get enough money to make it a series...

P.S. I hate RuneScape.