Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Haiti

shrig94

Hey Eclipse,
Long time no seeĀ  :sad:
Sorry, I have been busy with lots of outside organizations.
Anyways, I will be checking up on here more often.
To the point,
My friend and I have started this idea called hugs4haiti, we purchased the web address hugs4haiti.net.
Basically Hugs4Haiti is a campaign in which we inform people about haiti, give them a hug, and ask them for a donation. We will be selling shirts that will have something about hugging and Haiti on them, our company's name and website and a hard hitting fact, like did you know over 200,000 people lost their lives in Haiti. We want the campaign to spread, so just posting this here might be a little bit of good publicity. We will be targeting high schools and colleges as they are the most likely participants and we will be trying to get them involved. 100% of profits are split between several Haiti organizations who we think are doing a good job in Haiti.
But in order for this to take off, we need someone to make us a website. Something aesthetically pleasing that features the Hugs4Haiti theme. If someone is willing to do this, credit will be received by them and many thanks will be given. It is a good cause and we will keep in touch with you in case we need a few things done. We are trying to make this a huge organization so perhaps this would be an incredible thing to have on your resume.

So if anyone can just build us a nice site, not something generic but something unique that stands out and is so "Hugs4Haiti" that would be great. No copyrighted images may be used as this is public.
We need a home page, a get involved page, a news page, an about us page, a forum, a the cause page, and a statistics page.
Thank you for your help and support,
Shri

Um no offense yea it was bad and everything but Dont you think they have enough help coming already?

I for one am Tired of hearing about Haiti. Yes a lot of people died. Um that's what happens its called life.Ā 

And what I don't understand Is how people can go helping these people when there's other that need just as much help in their own country.

Good job trying to help out, just I think its a bit late trying to make an origination for them. Since there are so many already out there.

@Draken:

> Um no offense yea it was bad and everything but Dont you think they have enough help coming already?
>
> I for one am Tired of hearing about Haiti. Yes a lot of people died. Um that's what happens its called life.Ā 
>
> And what I don't understand Is how people can go helping these people when there's other that need just as much help in their own country.
>
> Good job trying to help out, just I think its a bit late trying to make an origination for them. Since there are so many already out there.

Oh ya of course itd be a lot better if all that money and devotion went somewhere else. Like Heroin.

Oh yea i was talking about heroin ā€¦.

*slaps

I mean look at the US, Okay we help every country there is just about. We give billions of $ to people starving in other countries. And Yet theres people starving in our own country.

You should get your own place fixed before helping others. Its common sense and not doing so will make your country fail.

Which as well all know the US will fail soon because of our Economy issues. Which we could fix If we would just stop helping others for about a year and get everything in order before we start to help again.

@Draken:

> Oh yea i was talking about heroin ā€¦.
>
> *slaps
>
> I mean look at the US, Okay we help every country there is just about. We give billions of $ to people starving in other countries. And Yet theres people starving in our own country.
>
> You should get your own place fixed before helping others. Its common sense and not doing so will make your country fail.
>
> Which as well all know the US will fail soon because of our Economy issues. Which we could fix If we would just stop helping others for about a year and get everything in order before we start to help again.

Yep.

yes i understand that

Okay look at it this way

Let say USA donated $300 million

We could have instead took that $300 Million loaned to people who want to make a small business with a low interest rate that who have taken classes ect on business. With that $300 Million Loaned you could easy double it. Then take all that and then use to help others.

That's the problem with the human race. People don't give to help unless a terrible tragedy happens. See If all the people that just now donated would have donated to a universal small business fund type thing then we would have had more money to help.

Thanks Chief, will do. My msn is [email protected] but I'll see if yours is on eclipse real quick.
Draken,
I am doing this as a long term establishment as I feel people will just move on from Haiti. A few years ago, the people in Uganda were helped, now they do not receive as much. I do not want that to happen to the Haitians in need. Hence, my friend and I plan on keeping this going well after the project requirements and wish to expand upon this. But I do understand what you mean about small businesses etc. This is more political though and what I am doing is more charitable. We also can't help what has happened but we can change things now.

Yeah, I know. But he is a goofball and doesn't understand that if people time machine back to this website, they'll think we are so retarded. That is precisely why I am looking for someone to make us a website. He has no clue how to use HTML. I know basic HTML and DHTML but I am no where good enough to make a professional looking site from scratch. Though, I have made simple sites before.

It looks interesting, but it seems a little more complex than what we need. I have made a basic site using a layout, I need to figure out how to work the links on the top that you hover over and it will be finished. I'll show today or tomorrow some time.