• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game makers

Valon328

Xtremeworld

Player world

Mirage source

Rune crafter (costs a hundred bucks but there is a free demo and its a 3d engine)

Genesis 2d!!!!! A great maker that has tons and tons of features, similar to eclipse but they built things like quests directly into the maker.

Rmxp can apparently create online games thru ruby, don't quote me on that.

Graal !!! Haha I don't know if you can still but back in the day you could create playerworlds

@Olliepop#20:

> It's not Rune Crafter, it's Realm Crafter.
>
> And i think eclipse policy to other engines has changed greatly over the past year because we really have nothing to fear. Our engine is genuinely the best.

Ahhh yes true that, my bad

@chiccora:

> @Olliepop#20:
>
> > It's not Rune Crafter, it's Realm Crafter.
> >
> > And i think eclipse policy to other engines has changed greatly over the past year because we really have nothing to fear. Our engine is genuinely the best.
>
> Ahhh yes true that, my bad

Simple mistake, doesn't matter

@Olliepop#20:

> It's not Rune Crafter, it's Realm Crafter.
>
> And i think eclipse policy to other engines has changed greatly over the past year because we really have nothing to fear. Our engine is genuinely the best.

What Ollie said.

Actually, all of those other makers (except for Relm Crafter, which was abit non sequitur) came from the same "father" eclipse came from, so you'll notice they act and look very similar to Eclipse; but you'll also find that after trying all of those other 2d makers, Eclipse still is the best, at least when it comes to features and flexibility (e.g. scripting and source edits); the only exception would be Mirage, as that is what Eclipse's source is based off of, but you'll find Mirage is more of a "Bare bones" engine.

Actually, there was a pretty nice debate on XW vs Eclipse awhile ago, it covered a lot of these different things; if you get a chance, look that up.

Nooot too big on XW personally…I remember a few years ago, many people in the Mirage/PW community kept saying how buddy and brutal Eclipse was, so that discouraged me from using it. Buuut then I downloaded it a few months ago and me likes it  :cheesy:

i love Playerworlds although it is really just the basics (Obv you can script and edit, but refering to the maker itself) but i think Eclipse won it for me. I am also a fan of Genesis2d but I have some issues with it which lead me to not create a game with Genesis (Costs money if you want to lose the Genesis branding; not open source at the moment; no capabilities for scrolling maps at the moment).

I enjoy the programming side of making games. I enjoy that feeling I get when I create something complicated in just a few lines of code using some awesome memory procedures and making it run as fast as possible.

Remember: The more simple the language is, the more restricting and slow it is.

elysuim diamond, had a bunch of versions back in the day. Sad to say its dead now a days. There where and is way more., But as most said there basically all around the same thing built from marrige or konfuze. Theres a few worth checking out for features if there open source. Other than that Eclipse is a decent merge of the twenty plus engines built from the same.

Anything which is good requires you to put some time into learning skills to make good games.

Mirage Realms is one of the best engines around, but you need to know VB6 to use it. Eclipse Origins is one of the best engines around, but you need to know VB6 to use it.

I don't see why people are so adverse to learning a programming language. People spend months creating stupidly complex scripts using Eclipse's scripting system yet they don't want to put a few weeks into learning VB6? :\