Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Allods Online [F2P MMO]

gaming ace

Hey guys, I recently found out about this free to play mmo called Allods Online. Its 100% free, no catch, and is in open beta right now. I'm not gonna be able to play it until my new comp gets ordered, but I'm really excited to get playing. Some reviews have been done on it so far, and they all seem very positive. I'm a huge fan of the graphics and style.

Just figured some of you guys out there would be as interested in it as I am, and I figured I would share. Anyone out there already playing it? If so, how is it?

Here's the website, check it out. http://allods.gpotato.com/

@Wraith:

> This game has been posted about 3 times already  XD
>
> I use to play it but have recently stopped because it just started getting boring, leveling anyway, I would really like to just skip to the raids. But, yeah it's pretty fun.

Haha I didn't realize, my bad.

@Kinjiru:

> Well its not really free thats why I quit
> Sure theres no subscription fee, but to play properly play pvp your going to have to dish out loads of cash, more so to how much you would spend on a p2p mmo.

Ohh i see, you mean with the online shop they're going to add?

**No wonder. It's just like Silkroad and all those other games. I hate GPotato. All their games have an online store. It's kind of sad, but that's truly the only way games like that can make money. People usually don't like to pay subscriptions, but they will sure as hell pay for awesome armor and weapons, pets too.**

I hate people that complain about CS  :rolleyes:

The game isn't cash shop dependant. You can obtain any item in the cash shop through the game. I know from doing just that myself, you can get crystal chips in game, extra bag space in game, mounts in game, everything. Don't judge a game on the company, because even the worst can change, and this game is an example of gpotato changing.

Yes but the big problem is the engame PVP with FOD thing, and you cant collect enough of the item you need to get rid of it in game to have fun in pvp, you cant get very many of the per week for free, and sitting there in a waiting room for 2 hours every time you die in pvp is not fun

Any decent game is going to have some sort of source of income. Commercial companies aren't going to work on nice 3d games, with plenty of content for free. They are going to need funding, so if you enjoy the game and want to unlock all the features, pay the subscription free, or buy a few upgrades at the cash shop. Your money will go torwards server fees, and new content. If you can't pay, too bad, don't complain.

Yeah, great point Wraith and Kreator. I take back what I said earlier, if all the shop items are receivable in-game its perfectly fine, in fact, it may be kind of cool. Also, it seems smart that they'll be getting funds from the shop, which should help them progress the game further and keep it active.