Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Map Size Question

Killer123

The max size I can make my maps. Yes, that is my question, to some of you it may sound a little "Newby" but it is a serious question I have.
  And I have a Brand new laptop 500 GB Hard Drive and 3 GB of Ram, so I really think this Computer can handle it.

EDIT: I would also like to recieve directions on how to completly install Eclipse Stable, because even on this new Laptop it won't let me bring it up. So if you would kindly show me and/or tell me what to install and how to open/ w/e things then please post.

Okay, I feel the need to clarify. 2147483647 x 2147483647 is the data limit of maps. Practical limits are up to you to figure out. You can only have 15 NPCs per map, plus your players have to load the map each time. If a map is 200x200, that means load times will be about 130 times longer than with normal-sized maps.

Oh, and for the record, change your question topic title. Saying you have a question is obvious, since it's in the questions board. Giving the topic a non-descriptive name means someone who knows the answer might pass over the topic, and someone with the same question in the future won't be able to find this topic.

@۞βΣЙ٧ÐΏĢ۞:

> The max size I can make my maps. Yes, that is my question, to some of you it may sound a little "Newby" but it is a serious question I have.
>   And I have a Brand new laptop 500 GB Hard Drive and 3 GB of Ram, so I really think this Computer can handle it.
>
>   EDIT: I would also like to recieve directions on how to completly install Eclipse Stable, because even on this new Laptop it won't let me bring it up. So if you would kindly show me and/or tell me what to install and how to open/ w/e things then please post.

To Install…

1\. Go to www.freemmorpgmaker.com
2\. Download the library files based on your OS
3\. Downlaod Stable or 2.7
4\. After Extracting to anywhere, You Go to data.ini and edit anything you want
5\. run server
6.run client
7\. there ya go D:

I know how to install it, i just don't know what to open it with. Like i downloaded it to my desktop, and it says Eclipse Stable.rar , so its in Rar form, how do i get it out of that to where i can actually use it and bring up the folders.

I'll also point out that backbuffer size isn't changed in anything other than Origins, so anything over the default is going to slow your game down.

Origins has a built-in limit of 255x255\. Anything up to that will run the exact same as if you had a non-scrolling map.

@۞βΣЙ٧ÐΏĢ۞:

> I did that…

When you ran ELI (you took the one from the Downloads board, right?), did you set it up for compatibility mode as well (so it's like [this](http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/Godlord40/elivista8.png))?

@۞βΣЙ٧ÐΏĢ۞:

> What's ELI? I have Windows 7, and I downloaded from home page. Freemmorpgmaker.com

ELI stands for Eclipse Library Installer (it's the library files you downloaded from freemmorpgmaker.com).

There's a tutorial for installing it on Windows 7 here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,50015.0.html