Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Omg Look at his size!!

vitinho444

Hello guys, well im copying the Client Folder to my pen so i can give to my friend but now i see.. THAT F***ING S**T HAS 140MB!!!

so.. how can i decrease the size? (i saw a thing: 130mb are in the GUI Folder.. (sprites and items..))

thanks

Old versions of Eclipse are just naturally huge. They have entire item/sprite sheets embedded in the editors, stupidly big tilesets, stuff like that.

You can just delete all the useless graphics you're not using.

If you want a small client generally, use Origins. If you're careful with what you use and use my Eclipse autoupdater, you can have a client download less than 5mB.

A way to quickly decrease the size of the old ones, though, is just using one background for the GUI menus and just use labels instead of having text directly on the GUI. This way, you'll go from 13 equally sized to 1 GUI pictures.

@Robin:

> Old versions of Eclipse are just naturally huge. They have entire item/sprite sheets embedded in the editors, stupidly big tilesets, stuff like that.
>
> You can just delete all the useless graphics you're not using.
>
> If you want a small client generally, use Origins. If you're careful with what you use and use my Eclipse autoupdater, you can have a client download less than 5mB.

Origins is not for me… im not so good at making things by zero xD and i worked very much in ES

Hum thanks for the replies but... i have an idea

Robin can you give me your auto updater, then i delete some files and when people download the client i make a update to the deleted parts.

good idea hum?

@Sir:

> A way to quickly decrease the size of the old ones, though, is just using one background for the GUI menus and just use labels instead of having text directly on the GUI. This way, you'll go from 13 equally sized to 1 GUI pictures.

the 800x600 GUI is not so big :( and i like it xD is just the item sheet and the sprites.. :(  any other ideas?

It all has to do with your graphics. If you have several 10+ MB .bmp files, that adds up quickly. My tip to you is to reduce your usage of so many tiles, items, etc. I've packed up a client just now that's under 1 MB because every single tile on the sheets we have is used. We don't include a tile if it's not needed.

@Anna:

> Also you can RAR up your whole client directory and it will compress it quite a bit. From experience usually you'll have to deal with a 10 to 25 MB rar file, using common "default" rmxp graphics with Eclipse.

thanks dudes for all the help!

look Anna Comnena i saw your signature and if its on eclipse chat, i wanna make a script or source edit to add [hours:minutes] MESSAGE

its possible?

@Marsh:

> Anyone else have a completely differant idea coming into this topic?

And yet you still clicked.  ;)

Something interesting to note, though, is the size of your tilesets. Having a single 10 MB tileset or ten 1 MB tilesets are totally different. The ten smaller files compress much smaller than the 1 large file.

@Ballie:

> It's not Eclipse, but something like that is possible. It's the source code, dude. You could make Eclipse full 3D if you wanted. Anything is possible.

OMG really? all my team want 3D Game but i say "We need to start in 2D then we go to 3D" and they " you suck man" xD

so .. hum.. how it is possible?

@uıןɐpuǝʍb:

> A LOT of source editing. More than anyone here is willing to do, so you would most likely be on your own trying to get eclipse 3d.

I saw a tut for making your game 3Dish though.

Find in the server source where it says:

```
Call MapMsg(GetPlayerMap(index), GetPlayerName(index) & ": " & Message, SayColor)
```
And change it to:

```
Call MapMsg(GetPlayerMap(index), "[" & Hours & ":" & Minutes & "]" & GetPlayerName(index) & ": " & Message, SayColor)
```

As for the 3D, that was just an example. Trying to make Eclipse 3D would be dumb, although it is possible.

@Ballie:

> As for the 3D, that was just an example. Trying to make Eclipse 3D would be dumb, although it is possible.

An example that anything is possible? Unfortunately, in VB6 anything isn't possible. After a while, you'll reach the so-called VB6 "glass roof", whereas you won't be able to add more functionality to your application without a lot of knowledge of the inner workings of VB6.

@Ballie:

> Find in the server source where it says:
>
> ```
> Call MapMsg(GetPlayerMap(index), GetPlayerName(index) & ": " & Message, SayColor)
> ```
> And change it to:
>
> ```
> Call MapMsg(GetPlayerMap(index), "[" & Hours & ":" & Minutes & "]" & GetPlayerName(index) & ": " & Message, SayColor)
> ```
>
> As for the 3D, that was just an example. Trying to make Eclipse 3D would be dumb, although it is possible.

i cant find it.. and i search on entire project, im using ES xD