Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A tree.

lollicat

I will admit, it's not my best work, but I did put in a good amount of effort here. In an attempt to spice up my pixelling skills, I drew a tree. I couldn't decide whether to cover the top of the tree with leaves or to leave the trunk and some branches visible, so I included both, as well as the individual leaves and the bark's palette.

Please be nice D:

The first big problem is it's shape and structure. Why is it so small compared to the giant stump size? why do the leaves fall so far below the branches, and have such a weird shape? Why do such short and small branches extrude from the trees huge and tall stump?

Change the pallet to less saturated colors. Also, the shades shouldn't have so much contrast to each other.

The texture on the bark is pretty good.

Shorter/skinnier branches should be on top, whilst thicker/longer branches should be on the bottom.

The leaves should definitely not go that far below the branches. Try following the branches with leaves and keep the general shape of the tree branches.

Make a mixture of different sized leaves. Also make darker/lighter leaves and put them in retrospect to your light source.

I personally CANNOT make trees myself, they are the one biggest problems I have. They are very hard, and this is pretty decent for your first try.  I suggest changing the things Kreator and I said and see how it looks.

@Fiddy Cent: Thanks!

@Chakkra: Those are some good ideas, I will try them in the morning. Thanks!

Lmfao. When posted on Facebook, this was my uncle's response:
"Yuck! Those took an hour and a half? I could draw that in ten minutes. Really, Bridget, draw an evergreen or something, those are nice and easy. I'll show you how sometime."
Then my mom got mad at him, so now I'm getting ten notifications a minute about them arguing over his insensitivity xD

@Lollicat:

> @Fiddy Cent: Thanks!
>
> @Chakkra: Those are some good ideas, I will try them in the morning. Thanks!
>
> Lmfao. When posted on Facebook, this was my uncle's response:
> "Yuck! Those took an hour and a half? I could draw that in ten minutes. Really, Bridget, draw an evergreen or something, those are nice and easy. I'll show you how sometime."
> Then my mom got mad at him, so now I'm getting ten notifications a minute about them arguing over his insensitivity xD

The face that your uncle talks on your Failbook about your spriting is… weird.

@Ass:

> @Lollicat:
>
> > @Fiddy Cent: Thanks!
> >
> > @Chakkra: Those are some good ideas, I will try them in the morning. Thanks!
> >
> > Lmfao. When posted on Facebook, this was my uncle's response:
> > "Yuck! Those took an hour and a half? I could draw that in ten minutes. Really, Bridget, draw an evergreen or something, those are nice and easy. I'll show you how sometime."
> > Then my mom got mad at him, so now I'm getting ten notifications a minute about them arguing over his insensitivity xD
>
> The face that your uncle talks on your Failbook about your spriting is… weird.

The fact that you put "face" instead of "fact" is even weirder.

@Nick:

> @Ass:
>
> > @Lollicat:
> >
> > > @Fiddy Cent: Thanks!
> > >
> > > @Chakkra: Those are some good ideas, I will try them in the morning. Thanks!
> > >
> > > Lmfao. When posted on Facebook, this was my uncle's response:
> > > "Yuck! Those took an hour and a half? I could draw that in ten minutes. Really, Bridget, draw an evergreen or something, those are nice and easy. I'll show you how sometime."
> > > Then my mom got mad at him, so now I'm getting ten notifications a minute about them arguing over his insensitivity xD
> >
> > The face that your uncle talks on your Failbook about your spriting is… weird.
>
> The fact that you put "face" instead of "fact" is even weirder.

It's called a typo silly, and is common.