Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logo

BluBear

It's fine, but a bit confusing.

On the top of the black part, is that the moon or a light reflection? What the hell are those red things? Speaking of the red things, where it gets darker, is that shading or pattern? If it's shading, it's terrible and inconsistent. I can barely read the words on the bottom rim. "The future is closer"–wtf? No shit it's getting closer as time goes on.

Doesn't need to be consistent, it needs to be wrecky.
It's for horror after all.

@Lollicat:

> "The future is closer"–wtf? No shit it's getting closer as time goes on.

Exactly.
But that's a bad thing for what's reserved in the future.
You've got no imagination dammit! xD

@Lollicat:

> I can barely read the words on the bottom rim.

Turn your monitor upside down!  ;D

@Hybrid.:

> Doesn't need to be consistent, it needs to be wrecky.
> It's for horror after all.

Just because it's horror doesn't mean it has to be ugly.

> Exactly.
> But that's a bad thing for what's reserved in the future.
> You've got no imagination dammit! xD

I–I have no imagination? D;

> Turn your monitor upside down!  ;D

Everyone who sees your logo isn't going to want to either turn their head at an unruly angle or turn the monitor just to read that.

> Turn your monitor upside down!  ;D

Everyone who sees your logo isn't going to want to either turn their head at an unruly angle or turn the monitor just to read that.

Don't worry too much i'm looking to animate that silver circle. Going to make it rotate every once in a while.

@Fiddy:

> pretty cool logo

pretty cool spam.

I don't like it. It's confusing, doesn't atract my eye, is blury. Letters are defenetly too small for the whole size of it. It's not something anyone would rembember. Cocacola has a logo, Pepsi has a logo… you have a ball with a butterfly inside (and yes, I realise it's suposed to be a scull or something... it's a butterfly).

Dunno anything called mothman, and if you could name the contrasting elements i would agree/disagree with you, but i don't see what you call 2 styles. It's a dark techy thing so..
Anyway, i don't see how people look at that and see a butterfly xD.
It's actually an octopus tentacle distorted to look liek an alien o_O

I'm trying to think of the best way to describe this to you. Basically your center piece, the face, is more of a textured element of the logo. However outside the black the logo becomes very smooth, almost cartoon-ish in contrast to the center.

The center within the black circle I suppose is fine, however once you begin the outer grey ring is where you need to improve, maybe add some texture or bevel. Give the rest of the logo some more attitude so as ones eyes roll from center outwards it is a smooth transition. I'm not a fan of the text either, it's not portraying the gloomy atmosphere it seems that you're trying to achieve.

EDIT: to add, I think everything within the black circle looks fine, just beyond that needs to improve.

Its ok mate, you still need some work on it, but I like the fact you are willing to try something other than a bogus plain text banner with the same old cs4 default styles… gets pretty dull..

here, i whipped this up in about 6 minutes, have another go at yours, see how i put the text at the top, no more head turning..

Big logo text.. your old one is just too small mate..

Anyway, it's just a quicky for your reference.

![](http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt314/G2d_2009/neogen.png)

@Kevin49:

> Wow thats a great logo Devo, but a bit too big for a logo don't you think?

I was giving him an example, if someone used something that big on my forums for a sig, id remove it. You could use it as a top left Website header I spose, but that wasnt the point, I think this guy can make a decent one himself he just needs some pointers.

Sigs should never be bigger than 500x200 IMO.